NDX & RUT & DOW Thoughts

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 03:09 PM

NDX still to much company on the short side,.. many may have covered at the close with a small Loss...if not they will likely do so on any move down tomorrow morning.

RUT unfortunately the same story as fast flippers jumped in short Friday.. again they may have covered her at the close but with as small Gain.

I've moved a good portion of the RUT shorts over to the DOW today.... I do have a daily sell on the RUT,.. but

short term I have a weak BUY SIGNAL from the low end on its chart.

I'm trying to anticipate something with my movement as I have a short term Sell on the DOW at the high end

of the chart as of this morning and with the daily at the high end of the chart as well this could be the

most powerful play, believe it or not,... if it rolls over.

Just a side note,....I received a buy signal on my 30m VIX.

My NDX ratio chart that gave a BUY SIGNAL ON APRIL 3,.. with only a quick Sell on the 12th at the Close and a Buy Back on the 13th at the Open, Now goes on a Sell TODAY.

Trade well ;)

Edited by Mr Dev, 23 April 2007 - 03:18 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#2 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 03:36 PM

Some technical views on the short term and daily oscillators I'm watching were added Here

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#3 gti_99

gti_99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 204 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:32 PM

Hi, Mr. Dev, in Trend-Signals' thread "SMH - $SOX 7 yr resistance ..." below, you said NDX and RUT still on BUYS with NDX being strongest. Can you please clarify the NDX status? Thanks.

#4 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:22 PM

Hi, Mr. Dev, in Trend-Signals' thread "SMH - $SOX 7 yr resistance ..." below, you said NDX and RUT still on BUYS with NDX being strongest. Can you please clarify the NDX status? Thanks.

The DOW Looks like a better short to me.

Posted Image

The NDX crossed Up for a BUY last Friday so that's why I predicted a possible Gap and Go for the following Monday.

Posted Image

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#5 gti_99

gti_99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 204 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:31 PM

Mr. Dev, thanks for taking the time to show the charts and explain, very much appreciated. Looks like the NDX is about to go to sell but just not yet.

#6 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:09 PM

Mr. Dev, thanks for taking the time to show the charts and explain, very much appreciated. Looks like the NDX is about to go to sell but just not yet.

Oh sure gti no problem,

Well yes... we do need to wait for a cross because as you can see the NDX Daily chart is also on a Buy.

Posted Image

Now compare that to this RUT chart and I see the NDX as being stronger as the RUT daily could be about to trigger a sell on its daily chart.
But honestly if you move the parameters just a little bit to take out the two recent
sell signals... todays lines just meet and its hard to say its a cross at all.

But with the last slight sell signal the RUT did see 3 down Days.

Posted Image

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#7 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:15 AM

Dev, I use the VIX 30' too, and my method is actually on a Sell (i.e. it's heading higher). How are you looking at it on your end? Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#8 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:20 AM

Dev,

I use the VIX 30' too, and my method is actually on a Sell (i.e. it's heading higher). How are you looking at it on your end?

Mark

Your correct M,

I guess I should of correlated it better towards the markets,... I spoke if trading the VIX it is on a Buy, meaning Markets should be nearing a sell.

Although I've grown suspicious of this signal as it seems to often be used as fuel to take the markets higher as it gaps back down usually the next day.

Thanks for clearing that up ;)

Also on a side note if the DOW does move down in the days to come the Dow indicator above is leading the the 3-,3

Posted Image

Edited by Mr Dev, 24 April 2007 - 07:30 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#9 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:45 AM

Looks like the DOW is being propped up ...heck I would of thought they would be rotating into the SOX on a pressure day... when the averages go down there is SOX rotation, and when the averages DOW, S&P RUT COMPX want to go up... they sell the SOX.. Interesting I haven't seen this type of seesaw since 2002. Then some weakening but high profile tech stocks were popped on days whenever the rest of the market would sell off. Oh well it looks like I have a crossover on the NDX starting here..caveat... although other indicators have gotten oversold easily. I limited my RUT exposure by moving some to the DOW, now my 1/4 position is back out of the DOW shorts and back into the RUT shorts. Its cooperated better than the NDX....oh all except for the one day when they all popped.

Edited by Mr Dev, 24 April 2007 - 09:54 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev