• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:43 AM

Ok Trend Shifter.

In honor of your discussion about how you trade. Below is a chart I made up yesterday. It took awhile to figure out how to get metastock to do this. On one scale I have a broad variety of issues that lay out the market. They are all based on a start date of 01-03-2007. On the scale, a value of one is the value they all would have on 1-3. Anything over 1 shows growth, anything below shows decline. So it's pretty much year to date. I want to add a commodity fund yet and I'm not sure what else. All values relate back to 1-3.

By the way, see how SMH (blue dotted line) the last few days has blasted out of the pack? Money flowing in. I placed a buy stop on it this morning that hit. right now, it's working!? But year to date the real winners have been uranium and oil servicing (on that chart).

Looking at the way that TLT (int term bonds) has struggled, I'd be tempted to take a bite if it could bust out a move, it may be "due"?

Posted Image

Edited by Sentient Being, 24 April 2007 - 08:51 AM.

In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#2 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:54 AM

The thing that pisses me off, of course, about my SMH buy this AM is that it blasted off, gapped up, and I got in much higher than I wanted because it blew my buy stop away. I'll be lucky if I can save my hind end on this trade. But we shall see how it goes, I'm in now.
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~