• 12,118 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:25 PM

have owned these for a while:

AEP
AYE
SRE
SZE
XLU - the ETF for the sector

I do not study the names in this sector much...the 3-year charts on these stand out for me on my limited comparison shopping...I also like KMP -

BUSINESS SUMMARY
Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P. owns and manages energy transportation and storage assets in the United States. It operates through four segments: Products Pipelines, Natural Gas Pipelines, CO2, and Terminals. The Products Pipelines segment delivers gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, and natural gas liquids to various markets through approximately 10,000 miles of products pipelines and 60 associated product terminals. The Natural Gas Pipelines segment gathers, transports, stores, treats, processes, and sells natural gas through approximately 14,000 miles of natural gas transmission pipelines and gathering lines, as well as natural gas storage, treating, and processing facilities. The CO2 segment engages in the production, transportation, and marketing of carbon dioxide through pipelines to oil fields that use carbon dioxide to increase production of oil. This segment also owns interests in and/or operates ten oil fields and a crude oil pipeline system in West Texas. The Terminals segment transloads, stores, and delivers bulk, petroleum, petrochemical, and other liquids products through approximately 95 owned or operated liquids and bulk terminal facilities and approximately 60 rail transloading and materials handling facilities. Kinder Morgan, G.P., Inc. serves as the general partner of the company. The company was founded in 1992 and is based in Houston, Texas.

----------------

Tim - I sold all of my semi's last week (except small core holdings in a few), concluding on Friday....takes too much time to trade this sector correctly vs. some other trades (risk/reward)....biotech and some other sectors have been more rewarding so far for use of those trade $'s.

btw, I have not reentered any of my uranium usuals except USU....(except small core holdings in EMU, URRE, URZ)...the sector is no longer moving up..except for AXC.TO

example of biotech about which I have been posting here for mos. -

daily -

Posted Image

I also rotated some of the semi $'s to TZIX last week.

Edited by hiker, 24 April 2007 - 01:38 PM.

#12 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:17 PM

HTI chart looks nice...

#13 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:35 PM

Thanks for your post, Hiker. Always interesting to read your info. C.C. :)

#14 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:40 PM

thanks, CC. Tim..note the daily values on NNRF for ADX 8, ULT, and RSI. I sold it today. need to find a re-entry. Note the credentials of the new Chairman appointed in December...guess that was the tell to be alert on this one.

#15 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:52 PM

thanks, CC.

Tim..note the daily values on NNRF for ADX 8, ULT, and RSI. I sold it today. need to find a re-entry. Note the credentials of the new Chairman appointed in December...guess that was the tell to be alert on this one.

In Utilities yesterday and out today.. looking to go back in maybe tomorrow.... as DOW and S&P pull back Gold also Flashing Sell Signs.. ;)

Daddy needs a new pair of shoes B)

Edited by Mr Dev, 24 April 2007 - 02:53 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#16 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:01 PM

Dev...you playing a Rydex utility fund, if any, or XLU?

GLD daily

Posted Image

Edited by hiker, 24 April 2007 - 03:04 PM.

#17 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:42 PM

Dev...you playing a Rydex utility fund, if any, or XLU?

I exited Commodities yesterday and went into Utilities and then exited those today to play

the INV Rut for tomorrow. Looking for some energy/oil and maybe some gold but not in any hurry as I see

my xau went on a sell on the 19th Gld may move to a sell tomorrow.

My XAU & GLD charts were on a BUY from March 16th.. ...GLD at 64.5 and looks like you could

exit today at 67.73 - 68.

I'm still playing these in Rydex, cuz I gotta save on those commissions.

I may be venturing out of playing just the Futs in the intra day account...never know.

Edited by Mr Dev, 24 April 2007 - 03:45 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#18 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:07 PM

If you are into the momentum plays with the trending, look into ZBRA that had a major breakout of a 7 yr consolidation and about to take out a major crash gap, imho...

#19 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:09 PM

thanks..

fyi -

http://stockbee.blog....com/index.html