• 4,409 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:50 AM

Today they perked up and bears may have to cover

#2 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:03 AM

ic....keep an eye on U.to. It's the best sentiment gauge for the sector IMO. The time to buy/add to the uranium miners is after a nice selloff in U.to.

#3 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:16 AM

ic....keep an eye on U.to. It's the best sentiment gauge for the sector IMO. The time to buy/add to the uranium miners is after a nice selloff in U.to.

I am with ya! I went long that one today as well

#4 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:22 AM

Doug, IC... R U fellas still in the U miners? My basket is now: U.to SXR.to the next blue chip Uranium play to join CCJ PDN.to another large cap liquid play FRG still in this one EMC.to undervalued vs other IMO and has great relative strength KRI.to my cheap small cap gambling issue STM.v thanks Doug! For the most part I've stuck with liquidity cause the weather can change fast for these things. I reloaded on the recent dip but I'm undeasy and expecting a retest of the lows for U.to.

#5 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:36 AM

Tim,

you referring to $15.48 U.to retest? or lower?

the PnF chart may be helpful re: H support zone -

http://stockcharts.c...llery.html?u.to

Edited by hiker, 25 April 2007 - 11:37 AM.

#6 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:46 AM

Thanks hiker...it seems like every 7 1/2 months U.to goes into an extending basing pattern on the weekly chart. It trades at varying premiums to its market value of stored uranium, its only asset. Right now that premium has dropped quite a bit. I am using 15.5 for adding on the daily and I'm watching the volume patterns, too. It still has another month or two if the run and base on the monthly holds true.

#7 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:50 AM

Thanks hiker...it seems like every 7 1/2 months U.to goes into an extending basing pattern on the weekly chart. It trades at varying premiums to its market value of stored uranium, its only asset. Right now that premium has dropped quite a bit.

I am using 15.5 for adding on the daily and I'm watching the volume patterns, too. It still has another month or two if the run and base on the monthly holds true.

like yourself, I started to get uneasy with the relative strength of these over the past couple of weeks so I tested the waters on the short side and when I couldnt get shares I changed my opinion that these things are probably clogged and will have another run coming soon

#8 TechSkeptic

TechSkeptic

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:56 AM

Why short a small cap stock in a strong sector in a bull market, when the odds are so much better playing the long side? (i.e. buying pullbacks to support while the chart is looking healthy)

#9 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:02 PM

If the DJUSMD (General Miners) breaks out to new ATHs on the weekly the uranium miners will go nuts for a while IMO. I do think the DJUSMD needs to base after breakout out of the box to challenge last May's high and we appear 3 weeks into the base. It's really tough to get a grip as the XAU probably ties in to things as it tends to lead big liquidity expansions. The XAU has been in the same type of box the DJUSMD has been in and it's not acting well right now.

#10 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:16 PM

Hey Tim (Cirrus), From the early April peak we've been correcting in most U stocks, and U.TO and others may be nearing a bottom -- I'm not sure and am patient. Haven't sold any of the main "basket." I think you're right about watching U.TO as an indicator. Heck, even CCJ done come back to life the last couple months. Have been stopped out in stuff like BAY.V, CXX.V, DIT.V, WRI.V, etc. Multi-baggers from last autumn and I'm watching them and many others for in-and-out trading. Have kept KRI.TO, thanks to you, (AXC.TO too -- sweeeet! I'm pleased with its performance, to say the least ). SXR merging with Urasia (UUU.V) means my basket is reduced by one stock. Doesn't matter but I've been buying PNP.TO as a "replacement." MSS asked me about it last month and like a dummy I had none. Got a bunch around 12, it shot up, and recently got some more last week at 13. It may go lower yet -- I don't see that it, as many others, is really turning back around and going into rally mode again yet. It's not just uranium and I think it's definitely one to include in core positions for the long haul etc. Some of the weekly charts are diverging and we might be in for some months, even, of further correction. Really patient here. Best, Doug