• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:18 PM

FWIW, ChartSmarts has had quite a few shorts in the model portfolio for weeks now, and I keep trying to add new ones. We've not closed one short for a loss. The biggest gain was 13+% and the smallest was ~2.35%, and we weren't being nimble during most of that time. We never covered at targets --always let ourselves be stopped. The market is thinner than it used to be. You can now make money shorting in a bull run. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#12 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:32 PM

I have one of many t/l's terminating on the lifetime monthly approx 60.80 beware stop gunners...on public boards. note current price action vs. OCT 2003 high,.

Edited by hiker, 26 April 2007 - 02:25 PM.

#13 2cents

2cents

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:49 PM

FWIW, ChartSmarts has had quite a few shorts in the model portfolio for weeks now, and I keep trying to add new ones. We've not closed one short for a loss. The biggest gain was 13+% and the smallest was ~2.35%, and we weren't being nimble during most of that time. We never covered at targets --always let ourselves be stopped.

The market is thinner than it used to be. You can now make money shorting in a bull run.

Mark

It's been this way for a while. There's a lot of stocks that are giving back during this surge.
My opinion isn't worth the HTML it's written on