NDX vs RUT & DOW vs Sp ..... Trades

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:53 AM

Well having moved back to the short side on the RUT yesterday and liking what I'm seeing there,..I'm adding another 25% to the leveraged position. My thoughts to many players are still involved in shorting the Qs and QID for me to continue to play in that sand box. However, in contrast most of those same folks are flat out scared to play in the RUT. So that's still where I want to be especially since my daily sell signal and the obvious down pressure are still in sync. Now over to the DOW and S&P comparison ...guess what it's the same... now whether that is because we are comparing a much smaller index to a much larger index ...I don't know ..but it is easy to see that the Dow is floating more easily than the S&P ...and the NDX is floating more easily than the RUT. So that's where I'm focusing on the short side....if I see strength in the Rut I'm looking to the S&P not the NDX at this time. As far as the UTls and Energy Service Plays go... I'm still ok with those untill next week where if they don't start to POP again... I will look to take half off and move that into the dollar,...in fact I may start that process today, and I'll add to my short RUT position as I did today. Trading in the dollar will take some time and its only a trade I'm not looking for anything inter-long term yet. Best to all, have a good weekend and Trade Safe. ;) ;) :wacko:

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#2 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:00 AM

S&P's forecast for the $ -

http://forums.techni...post?id=1852748

#3 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:40 AM

...the dollar .... a very contrary play in know that's why I like it.. and short term osc says it should get a bounce.. thanks for the info ;)

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#4 tozwp

tozwp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 370 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:42 AM

...the dollar .... a very contrary play in know that's why I like it.. and short term osc says it should get a bounce..

thanks for the info ;)

Intraday British Pound short was another nice trade on a fade the news move. More fun than watching the equity market go nowhere for now.

#5 peregrine

peregrine

• Traders-Talk User
  • 526 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:49 AM

Mr. Dev, See the landscape much as you do just now. Long dollar from Wednesday based on technicals I use. Yesterday's gain dissipated today so far...but like the bottoming action. With respect to the stock indexes, both the NAZ and NY MCOs are crossing solidly below the zero line as I write intra-day...indicating the best opportunity to scalp the short side in a while. I usually trade the Russell, but it really didn't show enough relative weakness on Thursday's close to entice me. Congrats on that call. Curious to learn what in particular caused you to choose the RUT ? Best. P

#6 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,066 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:56 AM

I'm shorting both ER2 and ES.

Well having moved back to the short side on the RUT yesterday and liking what I'm seeing there,..I'm adding

another 25% to the leveraged position. My thoughts to many players are still involved in shorting the Qs and QID for me to continue to play in that sand box.

However, in contrast most of those same folks are flat out scared to play in the RUT. So that's still where I want

to be especially since my daily sell signal and the obvious down pressure are still in sync.

Now over to the DOW and S&P comparison ...guess what it's the same... now whether that is because we are

comparing a much smaller index to a much larger index ...I don't know ..but it is easy to see that the Dow

is floating more easily than the S&P ...and the NDX is floating more easily than the RUT.

So that's where I'm focusing on the short side....if I see strength in the Rut I'm looking to the S&P not the NDX at this time.

As far as the UTls and Energy Service Plays go... I'm still ok with those untill next week where if they don't

start to POP again... I will look to take half off and move that into the dollar,...in fact I may start that
process today, and I'll add to my short RUT position as I did today.

Trading in the dollar will take some time and its only a trade I'm not looking for anything inter-long term yet.

Best to all, have a good weekend and Trade Safe. ;) ;) :wacko: