Termites in the foundation

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 johnmc

johnmc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:18 PM

Well since the FED has become a topic of interest again,...

... I'm surprise there wasn't more interest is what I think was the

LARGEST 1 day CASH MOVEMENT by the Fed's I have ever seen.....esp on a Wednesday !!

Now up until last Wed. I had seen the usually high Thursday's go upward into the HIGH twenty-eight to
tenty-nine BILLION ONLY a few times.....EVER!

BUT....... as you can see last Wed. when the market headed lower in the morning ....allowing me to exit my

shorts at even to a small gain on the RUT..... the FED started pumping,..and when it was done they had went three times that day!

The market rally and Break Out ... well it was Spectacular and off the charts,...

.... just like the Fed Money Pumping CHART below!

April 25th
..Exited the short RUT this morning took 50% to the Long side. There may be other plans for the 50% in cash.

My st Rut Indicator is setting up,...what is a very bullish pattern ... this combined with todays liquidity situation and

what looks to be some extra support here from the fed... and it is just to dangerous for me to remain short today

April 25th FED am post

Posted Image

Interesting, The Treasury added 4 billon short term today and 5 billion yesterday. Here is an updated picture of their actions:

Posted Image

http://jessel.100meg...reasuryRpos.png

#12 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:24 PM

I wonder why the wiemar republic went belly up? People have a silly notion the "FED" will be able to keep things going indefinitely. They can't and they won't. Just one possible black swan..... crude oil at $80 - $100/barrel. How are they going to ameliorate that if it happens? Give us a fuel credit so we can still buy it at high prices? that solution only makes the problem worse. The chickens will come home to roost someday or something like that :)

#13 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:41 PM

...crude oil at $80 - $100/barrel. How are they (the FED) going to ameliorate that if it happens?

The same way they have when at $20 to $30 a barrel the same question was being asked about $50 to $60 oil?

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#14 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:41 PM

and "this mess" is going to have to be cleaned up by us. We will have to deal with it probably via a 50% devaluation in the dollar and a direct bailout to homeowners who can't pay. It's a good idea but I don't know if they'll do it.

#15 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:19 PM

" next gen can clean up our mess"????.....the last generation left it to your generation to clean up the old mess......so why did you just make a bigger mess???

It's just much more politically popular to do it that way. :blush:

#16 johnmc

johnmc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 04:06 PM

I wonder why the wiemar republic went belly up? People have a silly notion the "FED" will be able to keep things going indefinitely. They can't and they won't. Just one possible black swan..... crude oil at $80 - $100/barrel. How are they going to ameliorate that if it happens? Give us a fuel credit so we can still buy it at high prices? that solution only makes the problem worse. The chickens will come home to roost someday or something like that :)

skott I think the solution will be for the government to give us all free cable, an occassional free powerball ticket when things get worse. How's that for a way to sedate the masses :cheer:

#17 SandStorm

SandStorm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 457 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 04:18 PM

How about a Coliseum and daily gladiator game. :lol: