$NYA charts, and some thoughts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:36 PM

(I attempted to set up a blog and psot this there, but I don't believe I have it set up correctly. The right side of the longer charts are clipped off, for one thing. I guess I'll just stick to posting on the FF board for now).

Here's a compilation of $NYA charts, starting with a very long-term view that move progressively into some incremental zooms. The focus of this post is on the numerous convergences of resistance lines.

(1) Weekly closing price sits smack dab on the convergence of the currently valid // channel (blue) and the obsolete // channel (pink) that jettisoned prices just days prior to the awful events of 9/11/2001. This is a helluva place for a back kiss of that channel. Tagging the blue top line has resulted in the '87 crash, the 2000 mega-bubble, and 2002's final bear plunge, all of which can be seen on this chart. Three big moves out of three suggests four out of four to me. If you're a bull, you're hoping this is an alternating phenomenon. If your a bear, you're hoping that resistance will actually work for once.
Posted Image

(2) Zoomed in a bit to show some interesting fib retracement symmetry at this week's close.
Posted Image

(3) Here's a close-up of the converging channel lines from chart #1. Notice that we're also testing the intermediate term channel (gray) top at this convergence site. And there's the 161.8% retracement of February/March '07 dump at this juncture as well.
Posted Image

(4) Here's the daily arithmetic (linear) chart status as of the end of this week (April 27, 2007). Hangman deadheaded into a 29 month's worth of resistance. You won't see this on the daily logarithmic chart.
Posted Image

(5) Then there's this broad fellow, who needs no introduction.
Posted Image

(6) Let's add some volatility to this mix with a "break-out" intermediate term chart:
Posted Image

The Fed and Team Wall Street appear to have precisely stretched out the liquidity so as to leave just enough for a blow-off allowance. The market makers can thus mop up the short sellers immediately prior to a campaign from the Fed to mop up excess liquidity throughout the summer.

Posted Image

Conclusion: price is trapped in an extremely narrow range of support and resistance convergences. The dollar is very close to major support, and the dollar's + divergences are soon to be glaring, if not already. Bulls have sentiment on their side, but the Fed simply has it's limits, at least it's charter says so. I see nothing suggesting that the entire ralIy since 2003 is anything other than entirely dependent upon the Fed's benevolent liquidity at the expense of the US dollar. And the game simply cannot be continued if the dollar craters from here. I believe a spell of summer aridity is in store, right after the makers are allowed to slip out the back door within the next one to two weeks (the market takes shallow dip to suck the last bears in, then a blow-off top). All will be repaired just in time for the standard-issue fall rally. We shall see.

#2 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 05:02 PM

Nice work. Thanks.

#3 Long/Short Funds

Long/Short Funds

• Traders-Talk User
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 05:25 PM

Nice analysis spielchekr,,, well done :)
Just an "Old Retired Fart" trying to keep my IRA invested with the market direction.

#4 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 06:56 PM

:) Very nice work, thanks for the post. mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!