Q's

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 LeroyB3

LeroyB3

• Traders-Talk User
  • 319 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 05:27 PM

skott, I don't know if your reply was aimed at me, but if it was, we are talking about different degrees of wave. Expanding triangles can only occur in fourth waves and I don't see us in a fourth wave. Best, LB

#12 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 05:40 PM

I don't know if I was aiming at you or not Leroy ..... my aim is pretty bad :wacko: but I am confused by what you are saying now. Where on the chart does it say the large expanding triangle is wave 4? I see a small wave 4 within the C wave up

#13 LeroyB3

LeroyB3

• Traders-Talk User
  • 319 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:57 AM

skott, For an Elliott Wave analyst, an expanding triangle can only occur during a Wave 4 if you are using an impulsive count. Tea is drawing in an expanding triangle using Elliott Wave so he is saying we are in a Wave 4. I don't see us being in a Wave 4 and therefore, don't give any credence to an expanding triangle count. I was just wondering how Tea has us in a Wave 4? Best, LB

#14 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:58 AM

Sorry I haven't responded sooner. Leroy...I'm not aware of an expanding tri that "has" to be in the 4th wave position...and no matter how I try...I can't come up with a decent long term count on ndx/q's anyways. What I will say though...is that I'm going to give the pattern a chance as I do have spx still topping a B wave...won't give up on that just yet..if it is...then the expanding tri on the Q's has a chance. Besides...it's such a pretty chart! ....

#15 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 10:37 AM

This is one possible count of the NDX. I'll try to post another with a 5 wave count that seems to fit as well. I am NOT an expert and I don't know when expanding triangles are allowed to form but intuitively it would seem an expanding wedge would be a wave 5 location. comments, excluding snide ones, are welcome

NDX with ABC count