• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:26 AM

when it comes to noting divergence..these are my favorites. Keeping in mind...divergence is just that...divergence. :unsure: ..but can be useful when price is up against resistance....but even that is personally defined. I am trying to short 1519.50 with a stop at 1523 if hit........or I'll short ES if OEX can't make it above 692 or pops above and drops.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SPX&p=D&yr=3&mn=6&dy=0&i=p26029319412&a=74401962&r=6159.png

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$NDX&p=D&yr=3&mn=6&dy=0&i=p27396823211&a=74522911&r=7657.png

Edited by Teaparty, 04 May 2007 - 08:27 AM.

#12 .Blizzard

.Blizzard

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:35 AM

Same chart with the NDX...the divergence is evident

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$VXN:$BPNDX&p=D&b=1&g=0&i=p02663637850&r=1148.png

Edited by .Blizzard, 04 May 2007 - 08:38 AM.

#13 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:36 AM

Given where the daily and weekly cumulative NYSE A/D line is, from an IT perpective, the internals look good. From a ST perspective though, some work seems to be pending on the downside.

No...from a short term perspective, the flow of money into the markets is lessening...NOT diverging.

The context here is all so important. The knowing of what tools such as the McClellan's represent are also of paramount importance.

As far as the McClellan Oscillator is concerned, at this time, the internals continue to take a pause to refresh on a trending basis....what's been created prior to this pause is burning white hot right now, so no new fuel is actually needed to keep the engine (prices) moving in this same trending direction.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#14 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:51 AM

No...from a short term perspective, the flow of money into the markets is lessening...NOT diverging.

...take a pause to refresh on a trending basis....what's been created prior to this pause is burning white hot right now, so no new fuel is actually needed to keep the engine (prices) moving in this same trending direction.

Fib

Why is .."Trend is your friend"...always overlooked?? Money flow is the least understood factor IMO. B)
:cat:
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#15 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:31 AM

The treasury and the Fed pushed around $100-120B in temporary and permanent repos in April, no wonder the market moves above the crash gap and the USD dives...

#16 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:34 AM

To clarify, here I'm only predicting a trade back to yesterdays close. Fairly strong odds. Range bound the
remainder of the day.

Looks like a big old coil day... Odds of course lower that we will close the gap. :lol:

#17 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:34 AM

Let's not forget the soaring commodity prices too. Now that Mr Paulson got the Treasury position, the triangle in between the Fed, the gov't and WS is complete to bust the retail shorts everytime...

#18 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:44 AM

Now that Mr Paulson got the Treasury position, the triangle in between the Fed, the gov't and WS is complete to bust the retail shorts everytime...

Rubbish.

Please stop...you're better than this.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#19 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:51 AM

Now that Mr Paulson got the Treasury position, the triangle in between the Fed, the gov't and WS is complete to bust the retail shorts everytime...

Rubbish.

Please stop...you're better than this.

Fib

Honestly, I apologize, but I hate it when the public gets bullish and they pull the rug under them and chop their heads off when they all get bearish. Will The public ever realize they are gambling against the house everytime? The volatility that the investment houses can control makes most of the trading profits, the fundamentals are just for the advertisement. Whenever the WS firms feel the pressure, they can borrow easily or get the Fed to inject more liquidity, the public can't... Any comments?

#20 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:27 AM

...take a pause to refresh on a trending basis....what's been created prior to this pause is burning white hot right now, so no new fuel is actually needed to keep the engine (prices) moving in this same trending direction.

Fib

Why is .."Trend is your friend"...always overlooked?? Money flow is the least understood factor IMO. B)
:cat:

Yes, trend is your friend :D Most often overlooked fact is what timeframe other traders are trading and what trend that particular timeframe happens to exhibit. ;)

Crap in progress.....

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV