Gold is following the fed.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:22 AM

Trend.. Trend.. Trend.. I guess I should be posting this on the gold board.

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:01 AM

Trend.. Trend.. Trend..
I guess I should be posting this on the gold board.

NOT to late to own rydex precious metals fund

#3 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:27 AM

The treasury repos exceeds $50B, no wonder why the Fed did the reverse repos last week. The Fed tries to maintain long term liquidity growth in the mean time with the coupon passes. The leadership is in the materials and energy, it is inflation. These are all benefiting the gold at the moment, but as soon as the Treasury repos expire around May 10-15, there will be probably a vacuum sucking the prices lower, imho. Until then, the prices will probably continue to blow off...

#4 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:33 AM

"the fed"...bla bla bla.....so what did i see when i got long gold at 2.55...copper at 61.90.....canada buck at 61.92...eh......it was all there in the EW structure....who needs the fed for excuses.....its all in the charts......

#5 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:36 AM

"the fed"...bla bla bla.....so what did i see when i got long gold at 2.55...copper at 61.90.....canada buck at 61.92...eh......it was all there in the EW structure....who needs the fed for excuses.....its all in the charts......

It must be nice to have confirmation though.

#6 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:42 AM

I'd rather be an informed trader, although I trade the technicals. It is too difficult for some of us to do both and rather take huge drawdowns even though we get the long term directon right. The cycles are more predictive than EW, fyi...

#7 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:53 AM

I'd rather be an informed trader, although I trade the technicals. It is too difficult for some of us to do both and rather take huge drawdowns even though we get the long term directon right.

The cycles are more predictive than EW, fyi...

"The cycles are more predictive than EW, fyi..." .......ew is a piano......its the musician that gets it right.....not steinway.....geeziz...

Edited by da_cheif, 04 May 2007 - 09:53 AM.

#8 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:02 AM

"The cycles are more predictive than EW, fyi..." .......ew is a piano......its the musician that gets it right.....not steinway.....geeziz...

I probably got the closest among the people I know in backtesting the EW with the proper artificial intelligence machinery and proper pattern recognition. So far, my conclusion is the cycles are much more straight forward to apply and price predictive since the cyclical analysis uses the latest information available to forecast while the EW relies on the market rhymes from the past. Of course, the experience will help, but I don't have the time to scan thousands of stocks by eye...

#9 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:06 AM

I probably got the closest among the people I know in backtesting the EW with the proper artificial intelligence machinery and proper pattern recognition. So far, my conclusion is the cycles are much more straight forward to apply and price predictive since the cyclical analysis uses the latest information available to forecast while the EW relies on the market rhymes from the past. Of course, the experience will help, but I don't have the time to scan thousands of stocks by eye...

"proper artificial intelligence machinery and proper pattern recognition".......where do you come up with this stuff...... :lol:

#10 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:10 AM

Why do I waste my time here?!? :angry: