Photo

Full Long Bulls/Fully Short Bears on a Buy?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,023 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:39 AM

Well, I know this, it's rather close to a follow on Buy.

Posted Image

Bigger picture here:

http://www.traders-t...?...ost&id=5560

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:46 AM

is this a 5 day average of the bull/bear ratio from the daily poll here?

#3 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,198 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:17 AM

Employment is below expectations and the market rallies...kind of nutz isn't it?
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#4 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:38 AM

Well wage increase was lower than expected and unemployment rate went up - i remember Bernanke saying a rate of 4.4 was a threat to inflation - so some good elements in the report

But kind of nutz - well considering that the market rallied on GPD data of 1.3 per cent growth - then it really does not surprise me

Seems like things are going to get worse in the economy - and the Fed are too late in cutting rates

It seems inevitable that the US markets will suffer at some point

But as we've seen there is big difference in timing between things happening in the economy and the stock market

Employment is below expectations and the market rallies...kind of nutz isn't it?

#5 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:39 AM

Careful now...More bears than bulls at the 2000 high, per Minyanville.

#6 zedor

zedor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:42 AM

as long as the fed keeps printing more and more dollars and funnels into the system the market goes up until it croaks of its own weight.

Employment down? Then it rallies for the 120th the Fed wont raise rates celebration (that is the only thing never discounted but always to be celebrated)

Employment up? Then it rallies as the economy is good.

Its nuts -- but one has to wait it out. Too many logical bears have been run over and skinned. But the freak show that we had before the opening today is as good a sign of the "sentiment" being in la la land.

Edited by zedor, 04 May 2007 - 11:44 AM.

#7 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:49 AM

I think today's action is more bullish--especially if we close on or near the lows of the day. It's a healthy 'sentiment' sign IMO. Keep an eye on the DJUSMD, BHP, FCX and ABX. Should the DJUSMD break through to new ATH's there is plenty of room to run on the weekly chart. Mid/small cap watch list = QUA.to, BWR.to, FM.to, TAM.v, CML.v, FNI.to, GMO and USEG.

#8 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,023 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:01 PM

Yes.

a 5-day sma.

is this a 5 day average of the bull/bear ratio from the daily poll here?

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#9 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:19 PM

thanks Mark. And I hope it's ok to say that I can't wait for the day the wall st crowd is brown bagging it again(I can remember that on TV so well, it was the bottom of the bear)........... that is if they don't jump out of windows first! But knowing them they'll come up with the perfect suicide pill, take the company public and then have LBO wars over it.

#10 Vector

Vector

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:36 PM

the COT_$_STOCHASTIC (all indexes) is STILL very constructive for this market to keep working much higher for much longer. Hard 2 believe. 4 yr cycle got blown out of the water now and I guess the 4.5 yr one is next. "jeez" go figure - who whudda thunk it? :lol:

Edited by Vector, 04 May 2007 - 10:40 PM.