Dark Side of the Force Currently Prevails

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SandStorm

SandStorm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 457 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:30 AM

The fundamental stink. Everyone knows that. So the traditional Benjamin Graham's value style investing - the Jedi - can't be moving this market up. But if the market wants to go up anyway because of what's described in the blog, what's a trader to do? I know I must buy as the market goes up but what worries me is that will I be able to keep my money when the "death star" finally explodes?

http://rebalancing.b...-up-dollar.html

#2 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:58 AM

" know I must buy as the market goes up but what worries me is that will I be able to keep my money when the "death star" finally explodes? " stop orders?
airedale

Outspeaks the Squire, "Give room, I pray,
And hie the terriers in;
The warriors of the fight are they,
And every fight they win".

Ring-Ouzel, England

#3 SandStorm

SandStorm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 457 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:08 PM

" know I must buy as the market goes up but what worries me is that will I be able to keep my money when the "death star" finally explodes? "

stop orders?

I was referring to the possibility of banks and brokers going bust after an unprecedented meltdown, taking my money with them. In 87 people took money out of their accounts just to be sure until the dust settled, which wasn't a bad idea. I think it matters a lot how we go up because it determines how we come down. Nobody wins if a system meltdown occurs. I really hate the way the system is being abused and pushed by the major players like that. :cry: