cycles

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:55 AM

shorted some er's at 838.40. anticipating an intraday cycle based sell. stop a tick over the contract high.
airedale

Outspeaks the Squire, "Give room, I pray,
And hie the terriers in;
The warriors of the fight are they,
And every fight they win".

Ring-Ouzel, England

#2 BearItch

BearItch

• Traders-Talk User
  • 515 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:36 AM

Aire -- Looks like you are gunning for the 10 week cycle low in te Russell, one of the weaker averages. When will you start to get an idea of what the 4.5 year cycle low will look like as fas as targets go? Good trading.

#3 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:15 AM

Aire --

Looks like you are gunning for the 10 week cycle low in te Russell, one of the weaker averages. When will you start to get an idea of what the 4.5 year cycle low will look like as fas as targets go?

Good trading.

most likely june to early july. much depends on how the market acts as the 10 wk low comes in.
i don't even have any downside projections now for the 10 wk nest of lows.

Edited by airedale88, 07 May 2007 - 10:17 AM.

airedale

And hie the terriers in;

Ring-Ouzel, England

#4 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:34 AM

most likely june to early july. much depends on how the market acts as the 10 wk low comes in.

I have a projection on the major market index for a low on June 14-15th which sounds like it falls within your window.

Edited by Russ, 07 May 2007 - 10:34 AM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#5 BearItch

BearItch

• Traders-Talk User
  • 515 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:46 AM

Aire --

Looks like you are gunning for the 10 week cycle low in te Russell, one of the weaker averages. When will you start to get an idea of what the 4.5 year cycle low will look like as fas as targets go?

Good trading.

I thought you had a downside projection on the Russell of 793 =/- a few but not the rest of the averages. Is that correct?

#6 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:50 AM

yes, i was referring to the SPX, INDU and NYSE. sorry for the confusion. i want to see the majority of indexes in gear before assuming anyone index's projections will be accurate. that's why i mentioned i'm anticipating a signal.
airedale

And hie the terriers in;

Ring-Ouzel, England

#7 BearItch

BearItch

• Traders-Talk User
  • 515 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:01 AM

yes, i was referring to the SPX, INDU and NYSE. sorry for the confusion. i want to see the majority of indexes in gear before assuming anyone index's projections will be accurate. that's why i mentioned i'm anticipating a signal.

Now I understand.

In using Hurts's analysis, what consitutues a sell signal? Maybe you have answered that one before...sorry if you have.

Thanks.

#8 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:11 AM

bearitch, more than one method can be used. trendline breaks, fld breaks, edge or mid band signals, etc. it's up to the analyst. my jumping the gun on the er's is based on the overall cyclic picture, the nearness of both the 10 wk low and the upcoming 4.5 yr low, the relative weaker performance of rut vs other averages in meeting fld upside projections, some intraday stuff i'm testing i don't wish to reveal, and the low $ risk in placing a stop right above the contract high.
airedale

And hie the terriers in;

Ring-Ouzel, England

#9 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:03 AM

still short the june RUT. may lower the stop today, depending on the action. overnite SP futures indicate i'll be getting downside price projections for the SPX cash index and i assume for NYSE too. will post them tonite, right now nursing in ice water a painful swelling in left hand after having to break up a fight when a pit bull attacked my airedale Bolt sunday evening. the pit bull and my left hand got the worst of it. it's making keyboarding difficult.
airedale

And hie the terriers in;

Ring-Ouzel, England

#10 esther231

esther231

• TT Member+
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:54 AM

Yowzers!! Brave soul. Hope your hand heals quickly and well.
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells