Photo

i doubt if these gaps will get filled ....

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:49 AM

http://chart.bigchar.../...S&rand=2376

:blink:

#2 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:05 AM

accident waiting to happen down the road, IMO. Beef prices are going to go thru the roof going forward. ethanol is putting pressure on all types of feed. Drought can be expected due to huge sunspot cycle starting and lasting for years, bees dissapearing. not for me, could go higher on speculation but..... High end restaurants? and all 13 of em. what a business.

#3 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:16 AM

May 7 (Reuters) - Smith & Wollensky Restaurant Group Inc. said Patina Restaurant Group LLC raised its acquisition offer to $11 a share from $9.25 a share.

Peace
johngeorge

#4 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:16 AM

accident waiting to happen down the road, IMO. Beef prices are going to go thru the roof going forward. ethanol is putting pressure on all types of feed. Drought can be expected due to huge sunspot cycle starting and lasting for years, bees dissapearing. not for me, could go higher on speculation but..... High end restaurants? and all 13 of em. what a business.

yup to all that.....aint it great????????.......reminds me of the the farm depression a few decades ago...........btw.....beef prices have been goin thru the roof every since i got married when ribeyes were 65 cents a pound.......nothing like a world wide inflationary economic boom of unparalleled proportions eh.......watch the sky..... :lol:....btw.....smith and wolenski.s is a target of a buyout......and in case u forgot the founder of smith and wolenskis was the founder of TGI Fridays.......watta country

Edited by da_cheif, 07 May 2007 - 11:18 AM.

#5 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:27 AM

beef was 55cents in 1986 in 2002 beef was 60 cents. Now, 96cents and the factors I mentioned have not yet begun to affect the price. my point is the rising price will affect people ability to buy. recessions can't be postponed forever and recessions kill restaurants.

yup to all that.....aint it great????????.......reminds me of the the farm depression a few decades ago...........btw.....beef prices have been goin thru the roof every since i got married when ribeyes were 65 cents a pound.......nothing like a world wide inflationary economic boom of unparalleled proportions eh.......watch the sky..... :lol:....btw.....smith and wolenski.s is a target of a buyout......and in case u forgot the founder of smith and wolenskis was the founder of TGI Fridays.......watta country

#6 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:26 PM

beef was 55cents in 1986 in 2002 beef was 60 cents. Now, 96cents and the factors I mentioned have not yet begun to affect the price. my point is the rising price will affect people ability to buy. recessions can't be postponed forever and recessions kill restaurants.

recessions dont kill resatuarants.....just flush out the bad ones.....snort.......

#7 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:44 PM

Problem is, most peoples wages haven't gone thru the roof.

Inflationary boom would be more appreciated if wages
would have kept pace.

#8 n83

n83

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:14 PM

would have kept pace.

:lol:

#9 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:46 PM

would have kept pace.

"Problem is, most peoples wages haven't gone thru the roof.

would have kept pace."......lmazoff......sez u......and sez who.......and who cares.......snort

#10 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:50 PM

"Problem is, most peoples wages haven't gone thru the roof. Inflationary boom would be more appreciated if wages would have kept pace." All TOO true. I remember being in high school, when then president Nixon favored wage and price controlls. I thought it was a great idea, as I thought the powers that be would controll our wages anyway-and price controlls would at least "stem the tide". All of my classmates thought I was nuts-well........ Anyone that thinks wages have kept up with prices since the 70's need only look at auto prices to get a rude awakening. In 1971 I went with my father when he bought his new, fully loaded mid sized car-for $3500. What does a fully loaded new mid sized car cost now-7 or 8 times that? You bet! Odd thing is, my friends that still work at the factory I left after I put myself through college in 1981 aren't making 7 or 8 times more than when I left-in fact, they arent even making double-OOPS. When I left high school in 1973, ford workers were making about $10 an hour, it was considered a great job to get-top shelf. Are they making $70 an hour now? Again-OOPS. When I finished college in 1981, my tuition was $340 a quarter, which astonished me, as it was only $240 when I started in 1975. Well, I just finished putting both my daughters through nursing school at TEN times that rate,while, upon graduation, their starting slary(In a GREAT paying field) is roughly 2.5 times what mine was in 1981-UH OH-anyone see the pattern here? Spooky