Uranium Futures

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:32 PM

Uranium futures -- you get over ten times leverage at the current U3O8 price. Margin is $2750 per contract if your broker is a NYMEX member.

Some uranium funds have sprung up, and now futures are being traded....hmmm. I guess we're not in nascent bull market land anymore.

250 pounds of U308

Minimum Price Fluctuation

$0.05

Trading Hours

The contracts are available for trading on the CME Globex® and NYMEX ClearPort® electronic trading systems from 6:00 PM Sundays through 5:15 PM Fridays, Eastern Time, with a 45-minute break each day between 5:15 PM and 6:00 PM.

Trading Months

36 consecutive months

Last Day of Trading

Trading terminates at the close of business on the last Monday of the contract month. If the last Monday in the contract month is not a business day, trading shall terminate on the last business day prior to the Monday that is not a business day.

Settlement

Financial, based on the spot month-end U3O8 price published by Ux Consulting Company, LLC.

Trading Symbol

UX

#2 TechSkeptic

TechSkeptic

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:16 PM

Settlement

Financial, based on the spot month-end U3O8 price published by Ux Consulting Company, LLC.

Trading Symbol

UX

Whew! That's a relief. This is one contract that I would not want to be physically deliverable, for obvious reasons.

#3 zedor

zedor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:31 PM

Uranium futures -- you get over ten times leverage at the current U3O8 price. Margin is $2750 per contract if your broker is a NYMEX member.

Some uranium funds have sprung up, and now futures are being traded....hmmm. I guess we're not in nascent bull market land anymore.

250 pounds of U308

Minimum Price Fluctuation

$0.05

Trading Hours

The contracts are available for trading on the CME Globex® and NYMEX ClearPort® electronic trading systems from 6:00 PM Sundays through 5:15 PM Fridays, Eastern Time, with a 45-minute break each day between 5:15 PM and 6:00 PM.

Trading Months

36 consecutive months

Last Day of Trading

Trading terminates at the close of business on the last Monday of the contract month. If the last Monday in the contract month is not a business day, trading shall terminate on the last business day prior to the Monday that is not a business day.

Settlement

Trading Symbol

UX

The "price" of UX is a racket its like DeBeers controlling manipulating and once a month saying what the price is.

I looked at these UX futures and the bid ask spread says it all for the July 07 contract is bid 11,500 and ask 15,100.

#4 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:32 PM

Zedor: I looked at these UX futures and the bid ask spread says it all for the July 07 contract is bid 11,500 and ask 15,100.

Yeeouch! I guess more volume would help out. :blush:

#5 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:09 PM

UxC did post another price gain for uranium oxide - up $7 to $120. Was $72 as 2007 began. :redbull: