Cheif you are right...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:06 PM

Bull markets are boring. Wave 3s are great sedatives. If i ain't seen nuttin yet, i wonder what VIX at 5 would be like :yawn: :yawn:

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:12 PM

WOW, that was one tortorous session. My stop on YM at 13351 escaped by a tick :sweatingbullets:

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#3 danzman

danzman

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 908 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:14 PM

Bull markets are boring. Wave 3s are great sedatives. If i ain't seen nuttin yet, i wonder what VIX at 5 would be like :yawn: :yawn:

VIX 5...well that would be very similar to seeing only an average of .5% varience between the high and low on S&P. Very good to your MAR or whatever pain/gain ratio you use if you're a bull (which I continue to be of course)...but your gain would probably not be as much. As volatility falls, you have to buy more contracts to make the same profits...which is a more likely explanation of why all those stops got hit a few months ago.

10 months of just buying has been fun indeed...one of the longest signals I've had in several years. The pain I've experienced during that time has been very minimal. One of the lowest draw downs I've ever had. I'll signal to this forum when it's time to flip the other way. I have no idea when that will be...I just react to what I see. No need to look at the news...just observe the money flow.

D
I don't make predictions, I just react.

#4 slatedrake

slatedrake

• Traders-Talk User
  • 269 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:49 PM

Thanks for the update danzman
Before you start trading get your brain around risk control. Know how much leverage you're using and know when to go to cash if you're wrong.