Richard Russell

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:02 PM

close........in the late 90.s on a yahoo thread someone refered to me as nostradamus...........ill find it.......i really cant stand myself sometimes......lol

Cheif, you are indeed a character..........a funny and bright one at that! :D

CHARACTERS WELCOME
Peace
johngeorge

#12 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:10 PM

and they call him the "dean of market letter writers"....i begged him 20 years ago to get ready.....he blew me off ......

Comments about Don Wolanchuk:
".... who I consider to be one of the greatest technicians in the world."
- Joe Granville - Granville Market Letter
". . . you seem to have a real feel for the markets and I think it's something you were born with."
- Richard Russell - Dow Theory Letters

". . . one of the greatest market seers ever."
- Stephen Gandel - Individual Investor Magazine

". . . his service has the best record . . ."
- Ken Kurson - Esquire Magazine

dam...i love myself...soooooo much..... :lol:

All things considered, then, how do you feel about him taking your position now?

still got pq wall.....prechter.....granville....your....newman ....puplava etc etc etc.....to join da party....an u 2.......snort.....udder wise.....just disapear into restricted blogs...... :lol:

Make no mistake, I joined the party, and quite enjoyed the effortless ride up, BUT, at this point I'm not snorting-I'm shorting. I'm not an icon like yourself, but have made a nice living as a trader for 20 years plus. But to keep trading for a living, I leave the party once in a while, and also play the dips down. I well know that there have been permabulls over the years, seeing a straight up correctionless market ahead, and to them I say-how are those Naz stocks you own from Nasdaq 5000 doing? A crash here, a dip there-I simply choose not to stay long during them,but would rather make money on the short side. I'll be back to the party-after the trash gets taken out, and the champagne gets re-stocked.

Spooky

#13 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:13 PM

and this is a good thing........lol "at this point I'm not snorting-I'm shorting. "

#14 HiFiGuy

HiFiGuy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 174 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:09 PM

Spooked! (Not rated) 7-Feb-00 12:22 am

Any "Back to the Future" fanatics out there? Does
DW have the playbook? This guy's beyond lucky,
uncanny might be a better term. We will see VLNC at $100,
he knows. I am somewhat joking, but I'm not so sure
if it is a joke... A modern Nostradamus?

I realize this is a little OT, but thought it was funny your Nostradamus link referenced your call on VLNC. So, what ever happened to VLNC??? Is there any upside from here, or are we dying a slow death to $0?

no one's perfect, right?
"A state of war only serves as an excuse for domestic tyranny." - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
http://www.trueworldhistory.info/

#15 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:25 PM

I realize this is a little OT, but thought it was funny your Nostradamus link referenced your call on VLNC. So, what ever happened to VLNC??? Is there any upside from here, or are we dying a slow death to $0?

no one's perfect, right?

gee that took some original thought.......well i read it before i posted it.....hid nothing......it went to 40 from 4...and i still think itll reach 100 and beyond......soooooo ......anything else????

#16 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:03 PM

LOL: it went from 40 to 4~! not 4 to 40 at the time you made that post: back to the future much?

#17 Caduceus

Caduceus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:59 PM

LOL: it went from 40 to 4~! not 4 to 40 at the time you made that post: back to the future much?

da_cheif made that post on nov 27th 2004. It has gone from 4 to 1.13

FWIW I have traded it successfully in the past and I think it is worth watching here. :redbull:

#18 Mtrader

Mtrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:28 AM

I will buy it if it ever go to 78c
You are on your own. This is for demonstration only.
JV

#19 ed rader

ed rader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:15 AM

no one's perfect, right?

drooy has had a couple of stock splits the hard way since da cheif recommended it too B) .

ed rader

"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit."

-- Mike Tyson

http://erader.zenfolio.com/

#20 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:35 AM

Ya get some good ones and ya git some bad ones. Seems like the ones folks want to pound the table about (non technically) are more likely to go south on us. I remember when I was a broker I saw so many really great stories go teats up. It was uncanny. Caught me on more than a couple, too. After a while, I just faded them...but only for my own account. None of my customers would bite... I imagine that things haven't changed. Always beware the fantastic and easy to understand fundamental story. Mark P. S. DROOY, btw, is a funky stock. Some problems seem to have arisen in recent years, but boy did I make a nice hit on that one. I bought some in late 99 and again in early 2000. HMY too. I own that one again, actually. M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter