The Fed Statement and reaction to it

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zedor

zedor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:50 PM

The Fed said we would like to cut rates to support the economy but we cant. Sorry. Those that buy this news gonna regret it.

#2 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:55 PM

The Fed said we would like to cut rates to support the economy but we cant. Sorry.

Those that buy this news gonna regret it.

I think it's a sea change in sentiment when mega bears like you start talking about corrections instead of bear markets ! :D

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#3 zedor

zedor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:58 PM

The Fed said we would like to cut rates to support the economy but we cant. Sorry.

Those that buy this news gonna regret it.

I think it's a sea change in sentiment when mega bears like you start talking about corrections instead of bear markets ! :D

Just trying to say what the next move and amplitude should be but I have been very patient and bidding my time during the rally. Unlike some bears (not here) who have been saying crash crash every darn day. While the market wont crash every day this too shall pass ie the mindless up up up.

#4 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:00 PM

They've cut rates by buying in treasuries.

#5 TradeMark

TradeMark

• Traders-Talk User
  • 809 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:09 PM

What the FOMC said is: "If we do anything, it will be to raise rates, but we certainly aren't going to lower rates". The question is: now do you know any more about whether to buy or sell? If so, more power to you. TM