The book Paradigm

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:12 AM

I just finished it and found it really fun and interesting. I don't know if the theories are true or not but I do find the idea that there is some exogenous force such as gravity causing us to act in predictable ways intriguing. There are times I feel an incredible need to be long even though all the evidence is pointing toward short. Am I fighting some unknown force that has yet to be fully defined by science? Is it more than just a madness of the crowds that causes most to pile in at tops? I don't know but it made me think and that is all I ask from a book. It was also just a fun story. Perhaps measuring sentiment is measuring something else.
The harder I work, the luckier I get.

#2 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:23 AM

The Noetics Institute in California is all about investigating the nature of conciousness and various anomalies such as what you are talking about, it was started up by astronaut Dr. Edgar Mitchell. Dr. Dean Radin of the institute has some interesting books about it all.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/