RUT trade and thoughts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:11 AM

Well as mentioned yesterday morning,..changing ones plan usually cost money.. but at least I quantified it. As expected 1%. However, holding RUT Dyn Shorts quickly gives back to the short side this morning. So far I like everything I'm doing,... Long Half the port-a-folio in the DYN DOLLAR over the last 2-3 weeks... and SHORT the other half the DYN RUT.....in and out taking 2-3% profits a day when I get it. So will I exit this morning with another +2.....you'll have to wait and check back to see. Trade well. ;)

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#2 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:43 AM

More thoughts. Watch 1894 for the NDX probably attracts price and should act as short term support and once tested should fail on the second pass. The Rut tested just below the lower range of support this morning and bounced I expect a RUT cash close of something just a bit higher at the lower support which would be 827.40 Will that area provide enough of a bounce to play I'm not sure,... so I'm not going to bet on it... just like yesterday.. when I really expected the bounce,.. other factors said it wasn't healthy enough for me to play it. So with both the NDX and RUT short term technicals setting up patterns of support,... the dailies are still negative and I think more so for the NDX. But the RUT has been the real mover going both ways and that's what I'm here for....movement. From here I expect small movement higher possible, a little larger move lower possible,...chance are most short gains may have already been seen today....BUT there is the FED and for once,...in a Loooong time... they are taking their foot OFF THE GAS...and that should help shorts going into tomorrow and ,..next week! I may go for a small $150-250 k play in GOLD at the end of day,... with a the plan to exit Friday close or Monday close at the latest. What else what else...I think I'm forgetting something. Oh well it will come to me. I'll post the short term and daily signals a bit later as I have a work-out from 8-9am! Trade well. ;)

Edited by Mr Dev, 10 May 2007 - 09:47 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#3 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:18 AM

Looking good so far this should last into next week,.. and could do some real technical damage if that is to be the case. Another two weeks like the last two weeks and the Ol port-a-folio will approach its all time highs again. Plenty of opportunities to Flip with the Volatility doing its thing.

Edited by Mr Dev, 10 May 2007 - 11:19 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#4 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:35 AM

Rut and NDX have both moved on past their daily SELL signals and on to my WEEKLY sell Signals ...which means... ...NO buying the RUT for the Interm- Long Term until it breaks above 828.50. nuff said ;)

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#5 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:40 PM

Rut Trade getting to some pretty good numbers for the Day so I will likely take some if not all off .....if we close here or a bit lower. Cuz Dat would be about a 4% Day folks! Ya! ;)

.. .. ..
Mr Dev