sell off was PATHETIC

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:45 PM

For now. Bears be wary I would say. I still think we take a shot at new highs. No trendlines have been broken at all yet the bears wil be frothing big time.

Edited by Tor, 10 May 2007 - 06:45 PM.

Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#2 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:11 PM

anyone been thinking of zen trader lately?

Edited by skott, 10 May 2007 - 09:12 PM.

#3 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:25 PM

If you mean pathetic because it had volume, stronger breadth than the up move, did a bearish outside reversal on the "big fed day", smoked the Naz, and the market couldn't recover despite huge tick at times-then yea, sure. Also, that is some incorrect phrasing, as this was not the "sell off" -merely the turning point at the start of one. If you noticed by gold plunging that liquidity is drying, we are on the same page, lol. Spooky

#4 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:19 PM

Nope, no trendline violation here! :lol:

Posted Image
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#5 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:31 PM

For now. Bears be wary I would say. I still think we take a shot at new highs. No trendlines have been broken at all yet the bears wil be frothing big time.

Tor,

The trendline on the SPX was broken. Daily momentum kicked into a sell on the SPX. Nasdaq MCO broke below the late April lows. Markets only give subtle clues. It rarely invites you with both hands, lining up everything !

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#6 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:37 PM

If you mean pathetic because it had volume, stronger breadth than the up move, did a bearish outside reversal on the "big fed day", smoked the Naz, and the market couldn't recover despite huge tick at times-then yea, sure. Also, that is some incorrect phrasing, as this was not the "sell off" -merely the turning point at the start of one. If you noticed by gold plunging that liquidity is drying, we are on the same page, lol.

Spooky

Well said ;)

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#7 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:38 PM

Trend lines are not officially broken. Try looking at the 60 minute charts. Any down move tomorrow the trend lines will be broken, and we will likely go lower....... Go Bears..... Barry

#8 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:39 PM

Tor,

The trendline on the SPX was broken. Daily momentum kicked into a sell on the SPX. Nasdaq MCO broke below the late April lows. Markets only give subtle clues. It rarely invites you with both hands, lining up everything !

I'm just really impressed,...

as the wisdom on this board is exploding.....what a great time for some newbies out there to stumble onto this

site and really learn a thing or two about making money in the trading world!

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#9 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:45 PM

"Officially broken", what does that mean???????? Look for yourself, the uptrend - a clear 3 point trendline was broken strongly, spx punched right through it like a hot knife thru butter! The 60 minute has also been broken but daily is more important than hourly anyways.

Trend lines are not officially broken. Try looking at the 60 minute charts. Any down move tomorrow the trend lines will be broken, and we will likely go lower....... Go Bears.....

Barry

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#10 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:51 PM

He proclaims: The Emperor has NO Clothes!