• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:30 PM

Well once again the PPI event provided a lot of volatility

If CPI on Tuesday is good too, I think we will rally until the end of the end of the month

Today's move is a good signal - but what it does is simply to bring up to starting point again

Nasdaq Composite managed to stay above february top of 2.531, and is now above trend line connecting tops from 2004 at 2.550

Really we have no answers yet! Monday Tuesday will give us important answers

Good CPI on Tuesday and 2.650 should become reality

#2 market speculator

market speculator

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:00 PM

I would tend to think that CPI will come in slight above estimates...but remember most economists are looking for a rise in CPI... I am in the camp that we'll see a consumer meltdown rather than an inflation scare.

#3 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:45 AM

I am completely with you on that one

Seems like the growth aspect is being ignored right now

Core CPI below +0.3 per cent will fuel a new rally, below 0.2 will really fuel a rally

When revised GDP figure comes in at +1.0, the rally should come to a halt

Figures for april have really not been good yet, what is GDP for Q2 going to be, sub 1 per cent?

scary

but for the charts nothing is really scary so far, qucik recovery after thursday's losses

I would tend to think that CPI will come in slight above estimates...but remember most economists are looking for a rise in CPI...

I am in the camp that we'll see a consumer meltdown rather than an inflation scare.