You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile and you go for a ride
You had a bad day
The camera don't lie
You're coming back down and you really don't mind
You had a bad day
You had a bad day

...if I wasn't bullish I would point at the volume and note how light it was on the rebound......but since I am bullish I will point out how light it has been on every rally since 2002...I am speaking of indexes and not individual stocks..

...30% were fully short coming into today, according to the fearless forecast - something that Mark says should not be faded with disdain... at the same time, check out the response and raw data in reply to Rodgerdodger, especially last September....I expect not many bears will read this post and high short readings will continue through the remainder of the month......(seasonality works, right?.....)

I agree with Steve Vita at"Alchemy of Trading" who said..."As I said yesterday afternoon, the bears who've been wrong for the last 700 or 800 points were sure to come crawling out from under the stove when the lights went out -- horrible North Jersey apartment memories again -- and here they are.

One guy even has 15 reasons that stocks should be falling, but let's remember that the bear case -- as Birinyi noted -- is always the most compelling, most intellectually justifiable case you can make,and occasionally, very occasionally, it's also correct.

The current attitude about things is so unlike The Mania that it's ridiculous, and the more I see this negativity and and angst the more I realize I'm the moron for not being aggressive enough.

By the way, if you want to get "weary", go back and relive Mid- 2000 to October 2002. I'd rather have a market making new highs than new lows because it's easier to make money......sorry."

-Thank you Steve...

I expect that over the next month the bearish percent will remain high while the market climbs - its not about money - it is about being right ....regardless of the cost....

* A safety note for folks- keep your arms and legs clear of moving averages at all times and remember -stochastics and oscillators may be following close behind price...please take precautions...
Good luck is with the man who doesn't include it in his plan.
- Graffitti

#2 pisces

pisces

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:06 AM

Daniel Powter
Bad Day

Where is the moment we needed the most
You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost
They tell me your blue skies fade to gray
They tell me your passion's gone away
And I don't need no carryin' on

You stand in the line just to hit a new low
You're faking a smile with the coffee you go
You tell me your life's been way off line
You're falling to pieces every time
And I don't need no carryin' on

Because you had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile and you go for a ride
You had a bad day
The camera don't lie
You're coming back down and you really don't mind
You had a bad day
You had a bad day

...if I wasn't bullish I would point at the volume and note how light it was on the rebound......but since I am bullish I will point out how light it has been on every rally since 2002...I am speaking of indexes and not individual stocks..

...30% were fully short coming into today, according to the fearless forecast - something that Mark says should not be faded with disdain... at the same time, check out the response and raw data in reply to Rodgerdodger, especially last September....I expect not many bears will read this post and high short readings will continue through the remainder of the month......(seasonality works, right?.....)

I agree with Steve Vita at"Alchemy of Trading" who said..."As I said yesterday afternoon, the bears who've been wrong for the last 700 or 800 points were sure to come crawling out from under the stove when the lights went out -- horrible North Jersey apartment memories again -- and here they are.

One guy even has 15 reasons that stocks should be falling, but let's remember that the bear case -- as Birinyi noted -- is always the most compelling, most intellectually justifiable case you can make,and occasionally, very occasionally, it's also correct.

The current attitude about things is so unlike The Mania that it's ridiculous, and the more I see this negativity and and angst the more I realize I'm the moron for not being aggressive enough.

By the way, if you want to get "weary", go back and relive Mid- 2000 to October 2002. I'd rather have a market making new highs than new lows because it's easier to make money......sorry."

-Thank you Steve...

I expect that over the next month the bearish percent will remain high while the market climbs - its not about money - it is about being right ....regardless of the cost....

* A safety note for folks- keep your arms and legs clear of moving averages at all times and remember -stochastics and oscillators may be following close behind price...please take precautions...

GREAT POST, WYOCOWBOY,

better than a dozen charts,although ilove charts,thanks

pisces

#3 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:40 AM

One point: It's better to let sentiment predict. Don't predict sentiment. You can back yourself into a preconceived notion of your own making about what the market will do instead of letting the market and sentiment TELL you the best course. It's tricky. The sentiment tells you about the market, and if you get right the urge to keep "predicting" eats at you. If you let it, you'll start making (wild-a$$, btw) predictions about sentiment. It's about the dumbest and most arrogant thing one can do. So, of course, I've done it. Don't fall into that trap. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#4 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:11 PM

I think bullish posts have been getting alot of reads. note dachief's hits and the hits I got yesterday on my "One down day and up again, this is bullish isn't it?" that got alot of hits. But you can't even say if that is bullish people happy, agreeing and reading or bearish people who are scared and reading.