• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 daboose

daboose

• Traders-Talk User
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:58 AM

http://www.galenacellars.com/

Country Red and Traminette are two of my favorites.

Charles have you been to Apple Canyon? Folks have a place there. Nice place in the summer. Boring in the winter.

#12 tuffy88

tuffy88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 797 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:48 PM

daboose, Have heard of Apple Canyon. I think it is a resort or a retirement complex in Jo Davies County, but have never been there. Not in Galena very often. Charles

#13 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:03 PM

Tuffy,

Do these disribution days shown in market guage(in this thread) match with your IBD datas?

gspc /still in green zone

http://finance.yahoo...PC&am...0&a=&c=
vitaminm

#14 tuffy88

tuffy88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 797 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:00 AM

vitaminm, No. They are all distribution days in that they were down in price on increased volume, but some are not counted as distribution days by IBD. IBD uses several filters. One is that the price decline must be at least -0.02% (2/10th of 1%). Another is that if the price decline is followed by a large price move up then that distribution day is dropped from the count. For example in today's Big Picture column on the front page of IBD the dropped the distribution days of April 18 & 19. I posted on swing trades last week that I consideder them suspect due to the smallness of the price declines those 2 days. This morning IBD negated them because the general market had increased 3% since then. Making them no longer relevent. According to IBD's count today there are 3 distribution days on the Nasdaq Composit. The 1.2% decline on 4/30---- the 1.7% decline on 5/10---and the 0.6% decline yesterday 5/14. I realize there are more than one way to count distribution days.

#15 tuffy88

tuffy88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 797 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:01 AM

vitaminm, No. They are all distribution days in that they were down in price on increased volume, but some are not counted as distribution days by IBD. IBD uses several filters. One is that the price decline must be at least -0.02% (2/10th of 1%). Another is that if the price decline is followed by a large price move up then that distribution day is dropped from the count. For example in today's Big Picture column on the front page of IBD the dropped the distribution days of April 18 & 19. I posted on swing trades last week that I consideder them suspect due to the smallness of the price declines those 2 days. This morning IBD negated them because the general market had increased 3% since then. Making them no longer relevent. According to IBD's count today there are 3 distribution days on the Nasdaq Composit. The 1.2% decline on 4/30---- the 1.7% decline on 5/10---and the 0.6% decline yesterday 5/14. I realize there are more than one way to count distribution days.

#16 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:13 PM

vitaminm,

No. They are all distribution days in that they were down in price on increased volume, but some are not counted as distribution days by IBD. IBD uses several filters. One is that the price decline must be at least -0.02% (2/10th of 1%). Another is that if the price decline is followed by a large price move up then that distribution day is dropped from the count. For example in today's Big Picture column on the front page of IBD the dropped the distribution days of April 18 & 19. I posted on swing trades last week that I consideder them suspect due to the smallness of the price declines those 2 days. This morning IBD negated them because the general market had increased 3% since then. Making them no longer relevent.

According to IBD's count today there are 3 distribution days on the Nasdaq Composit. The 1.2% decline on 4/30---- the 1.7% decline on 5/10---and the 0.6% decline yesterday 5/14.

I realize there are more than one way to count distribution days.

Thanks.
vitaminm