• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:05 PM

I also took some more profits and left 1/3 position. I will prepare to go long from here on the next low --that I hope it comes :P

#22 kemo1k

kemo1k

• Traders-Talk User
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:23 PM

well looks like we have a few more RUT traders than before... welcome boys...and enjoy your pay day. ;)

Hey Dev,

You still looking for some type of washout bottom on Tues or Wed on the $rut?

Thanks in advance.

#23 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:27 PM

CBOE reports 0.46 for the equity p/c at the moment, 0.8 for the overall, if this does not improve by the close, I will put the full position back short at the close. I don't like the volume at this low for a bottom either... OEX p/c is over 2 and there is 3.3M contracts traded today, kind of lighter than last week and it is an OPEX week...

#24 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:42 PM

trins are low for today's price damage, but the ticks are weak...

#25 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:58 PM

well looks like we have a few more RUT traders than before... welcome boys...and enjoy your pay day. ;)

Hey Dev,

You still looking for some type of washout bottom on Tues or Wed on the $rut?

Thanks in advance.

I was but looks like they will continue to try and bounce things along.

There is some good buying on this weakness, but one of these times the buyers will get bit.

Hopefully I'm short when that one happens. ;)

See ya tomorrow.

Edited by Mr Dev, 14 May 2007 - 02:58 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#26 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:34 PM

CBOE reports 0.46 for the equity p/c at the moment, 0.8 for the overall, if this does not improve by the close, I will put the full position back short at the close. I don't like the volume at this low for a bottom either...

OEX p/c is over 2 and there is 3.3M contracts traded today, kind of lighter than last week and it is an OPEX week...

I'm trading the Q's short, and loving the volume. Not high enough for a bottom, as you say, yet more volume on the down move than on Fridays up move. Gotta love that equity PC reading, as well-that is if you're short. Good trading.

Spooky

#27 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:54 PM

3 of the last 5 days on the spx have been "distribution" days, though 2 were not "heavy" ... Dude. B)

Edited by selecto, 14 May 2007 - 05:02 PM.

#28 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:17 PM

I'm trading the Q's short, and loving the volume. Not high enough for a bottom, as you say, yet more volume on the down move than on Fridays up move. Gotta love that equity PC reading, as well-that is if you're short.

After all said and done, I kept only 1/3 trading position short as I had to leave a bit earlier, I think the next 3-4 wks will be a more selective rally with the drying liquidity, so I am probably not going to trade the indices as much...