Something doesn't add up.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:00 AM

I understand there is enormous glut of liquidity that everyone knows about. And excitement outright parabolic in the DOW, but... RUT is underperforming last few weeks, and XBD too. As a matter of fact today XBD is RED, despite dow being up more then 120 points. MCO's are red too, and summations falling. And summations made second lower high as the DOW is making higher highs. Feels like most of the action is in the headline dow, and a little bit in S&P. The rest of the market is pretty dormant.

#2 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:10 AM

Though it's OPEX--it's the third day in a row of 2.0+ OEX P/C.

#3 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:13 AM

Though it's OPEX--it's the third day in a row of 2.0+ OEX P/C.

Is that good? ES seems to be double topping on lower volume right now.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#4 Mtrader

Mtrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:14 AM

These companies benefit from the dollar devaluation. Dow is going to 13750 b4 retreat.
You are on your own. This is for demonstration only.
JV

#5 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:21 AM

It's been gold as an indicator since the late 90's. Spikes in the 10 DMA of the OEX P/C have lead to IT corrections at nearly a 100% accuracy rate. What's interesting is that the MA of the ratio has been rising and more recent spikes have not batted the traditional near 100% level of calling for weakness. The 21 DMA has done really well too as it's called all the IT corrections in the SPX. The absolute level of the ratio is extremely high by recent historical standards. My view on the current market context is that if the XAU doesn't get movng to the upside soon we are in for a very sharp correction. I don't think time wise it will last longer than a couple months give or take but I do think it will be sharp nonetheless.

#6 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:35 AM

I have a signal that the HUI gold bugs index will go down into mid july, then it would be a fantastic buy.

It's been gold as an indicator since the late 90's. Spikes in the 10 DMA of the OEX P/C have lead to IT corrections at nearly a 100% accuracy rate.

What's interesting is that the MA of the ratio has been rising and more recent spikes have not batted the traditional near 100% level of calling for weakness. The 21 DMA has done really well too as it's called all the IT corrections in the SPX. The absolute level of the ratio is extremely high by recent historical standards.

My view on the current market context is that if the XAU doesn't get movng to the upside soon we are in for a very sharp correction. I don't think time wise it will last longer than a couple months give or take but I do think it will be sharp nonetheless.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#7 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:51 AM

Unfortunately, it seems like there are several people who think July will be a low in the SPX and gold--me included. I'm beginning to wonder if it happens that way.

#8 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:54 PM

I see the low for the SPX on June 14-15.

Unfortunately, it seems like there are several people who think July will be a low in the SPX and gold--me included. I'm beginning to wonder if it happens that way.