Photo

Under any anger - there is ALWAYS normal human fear.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 muppet

muppet

• Traders-Talk User
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:55 PM

I don't think I've ever seen anger or observed it in myself, without recognizing that FEAR always lies just beneath the surface. Can't remember the last time I actually FELT true anger ... and I really do love people, more and more ... as the years go by, no matter what their point of view. Think it's because aging has allowed me to experience less and less fear ... despite the inevitable destination. We are all the same, really, because as the old Italian saying goes "Death has no remedy." So we ALL face the same fate ... we are all helpless mortal beings ... in the same leaky boat. Just a thought. Muppet :unsure:

Edited by muppet, 15 May 2007 - 12:58 PM.

#2 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:51 PM

Although many experts dispute the existence of this highly controversial diagnosis, dissociative identity disorder has been attributed by some to the interaction of several factors: overwhelming stress, dissociative capacity (including the ability to uncouple one's memories, perceptions, or identity from conscious awareness), the enlistment of steps in normal developmental processes as defenses, and, during childhood, the lack of sufficient nurturing and compassion in response to hurtful experiences or lack of protection against further overwhelming experiences. Children are not born with a sense of a unified identity — it develops from many sources and experiences. In overwhelmed children, its development is obstructed, and many parts of what should have blended into a relatively unified identity remain separate. North American studies show that 97 to 98% of adults with dissociative identity disorder report abuse during childhood and that abuse can be documented for 85% of adults and for 95% of children and adolescents with dissociative identity disorder and other closely related forms of dissociative disorder. Although these data establish childhood abuse as a major cause among North American patients (in some cultures, the consequences of war and disaster play a larger role), they do not mean that all such patients were abused or that all the abuses reported by patients with dissociative identity disorder really happened. Some aspects of some reported abuse experiences may prove to be inaccurate. Also, some patients have not been abused but have experienced an important early loss (such as death of a parent), serious medical illness, or other very stressful events. For example, a patient who required many hospitalizations and operations during childhood may have been severely overwhelmed but not abused, although parents helping people through these times can act as a preventative measure. Dissociative Identity Disorder (formerly classified as Multiple Personality Disorder)
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#3 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:20 AM

I guess that depends on how you define anger. We tend to over-react so anger justifiably has a bad reputation. However, I believe that there is not enough anger shown towards child molesters, rapists, and... I could go on but it might make somebody angry. :rolleyes: