Uranium/Uranium Stocks

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:47 AM

Doug/Other Uranium Bulls.... Any current thoughts? I'm long but back down to min core positions which aren't especially large in each of the holdings in my basket. Now with the futures in uranium trading and settlement only in cash I'm skeptical. Most of my charts look like they are in a basing period and the stocks have generally been flat to down as uranium has conitnued a little higher. I'm planning on nibbling on the stocks I like at or just below support on the weekly chart. No telling where we are but would like to see other ideas from those who follow the sector.

#2 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:55 AM

EMU and USU are the only ones I usually hold that are not showing major weakness right now. last summer was weak for the sector...have no idea if that will repeat this yr.

#3 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:08 AM

Doug/Other Uranium Bulls....

Any current thoughts?

I'm long but back down to min core positions which aren't especially large in each of the holdings in my basket. Now with the futures in uranium trading and settlement only in cash I'm skeptical. Most of my charts look like they are in a basing period and the stocks have generally been flat to down as uranium has conitnued a little higher.

I'm planning on nibbling on the stocks I like at or just below support on the weekly chart. No telling where we are but would like to see other ideas from those who follow the sector.

I have been shorting them the last week, I am praying for capitulation sell offs to the 200'ema's on them in which case I will litterally and back up the truck and and mortgage the house by going long...I mentioned weeks ago that they have been acting heaving and some of them have anchors!

#4 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:14 AM

I dramatically reduced holding a while ago cause of the action. I closely the energy sector and gold/silver and the XAU as a 'tell' for the entire resource sector. I especially like following the XAU and its interaction with the POG and the SPX. It's been flashing a caution sign for several weeks. In fact, the SPX has made little headway since the XAU went into sell mode a few weeks ago and the R2K has gone nowhere.

Edited by Cirrus, 16 May 2007 - 09:15 AM.

#5 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:37 AM

URME up 14% today on news: Uranium Energy Corp Provides an Update on its Goliad Operations9:02a ET May 16, 2007 (Market Wire) Uranium Energy Corp (OTCBB: URME)(FRANKFURT: U6Z)(BERLIN: U6Z) is pleased to provide its fourth update this year of progress at its 100%-owned Goliad Project in South Texas. Texas Railroad Commission Concludes Drilling Activities Did Not Contaminate Goliad Wells, Dismisses Complaint The Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC), the regulatory authority that oversees mineral exploration in the state of Texas, recently concluded its investigation into complaints that the Company's drilling activities have contaminated certain water wells, finding that Uranium Energy Corp's Goliad Project drilling has not contaminated the wells or the related aquifer. The investigation was conducted after the Company voluntarily issued an invitation to county representatives to participate in collecting baseline samples of regional water wells earlier this year as part of the Company's mine permit preparations. The sampling indicated the presence of naturally-occurring radionuclides in groundwater within the area of review, and some Goliad citizens suggested that perhaps the Company's drilling was causing the "contamination". However, according to the assessment by RRC's groundwater hydrologist, "...no groundwater contamination has occurred as a result of the drilling activities." RRC issued its conclusions in a letter, stating that it considers the investigation of the alleged groundwater issues to be closed. The RRC explained that it is not geophysically plausible for groundwater to be distributed by drilling activities, and that the groundwater radioactivity that had been identified is from natural sources in contact with the sampled wells themselves. Subsequent testing of other water wells by the Goliad County Groundwater Conservation District has confirmed the presence of naturally-occurring radionuclides in other areas of the County, which is expected since Goliad County is host to several known uranium deposits, some of which have been explored in the past by other companies. Company Targets Compliance with RRC Surface Drill Hole Restoration Requirements Before June 15th In investigating the water quality issues (see above), RRC also examined the Company's exploration procedures as to compliance with the Company's exploration permits and applicable regulations. The results of the inspection showed that although there was no imminent danger or harm, there were procedural matters with respect to which RRC found the Company to be non-compliant. Consequently, RRC issued a notice of violation regarding these matters. Required remedial action was limited to following the approved plugging procedures, marking the exact location of each borehole, and following RRC instructions regarding surface restoration. The Company has been working diligently on these measures, and is working closely with RRC officials. The Company estimates that it will be in full compliance with the RRC prior to the deadline of June 15, 2007. Mine Permit Process Advancing The Company reports the following progress on its permitting operations at the Goliad Project: - Quality assurance and quality control measures have been completed on water well samples; - Holt Engineering has been engaged by the Company to perform geotechnical studies; - A qualified soil scientist has completed a draft map of the entire project site, as part of the soils and sediments study; - Progress has been made on the economic impact study and the ecological study; and - Progress has been made on the mine plan and process facility designs, with the first full drafts anticipated to be completed by month-end.
Peace
johngeorge