yen carry trade

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tozwp

tozwp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 370 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:52 AM

Anybody have a clue where these guys are putting their money to work these days? Doesn't appear to be going into our markets or our debt. Maybe they are buying gas with it? Yen looks like a one way trip to zero here. Seems to be the only currency worse than our dollar.

#2 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:00 AM

Anybody have a clue where these guys are putting their money to work these days? Doesn't appear to be going into our markets or our debt. Maybe they are buying gas with it? Yen looks like a one way trip to zero here. Seems to be the only currency worse than our dollar.

I saw some starting to move back into Europe yesterday

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#3 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:50 AM

I saw some starting to move back into Europe yesterday

What do you watch Mr Dev. to see such things (the EURO Yen cross GBP Yen cross)?

#4 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:54 AM

Ah... I was trying to avoid confusion,... when I said Europe I didn't necessarily mean Euro. although there was some of that.... what I meant was European markets. I do expect the dollar to regain some of what it lost while I was away shorting the RUT.. I'll move back into the strong dollar slowly.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#5 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:18 PM

Ah... I was trying to avoid confusion,... when I said Europe I didn't necessarily mean Euro. although there was

some of that.... what I meant was European markets.

I do expect the dollar to regain some of what it lost while I was away shorting the RUT.. I'll move back into the strong dollar slowly.

So you merely watching relative strength of European Markets or Money Flows?

#6 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,053 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:46 PM

The yen carry traders stopped buying for a few days, but today they are definitely buying US stocks.

#7 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,061 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:54 PM

nzd and Aussie