The Dow Nearing Technical Extremes

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:44 AM

When things get overbought, do you have "Power Move" indicators to keep you in the game? Smart Bulls do. :redbull: :redbull: :redbull:

:lol:

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#12 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:06 AM

Agree, thanks for he post.. dow decline starting very soon.

Mr. Dev:

You said you were pleased, but what is your opinion? Are you closer to Crowder or the Cheif?

Well you asked so here's my rant.....

I really could care less about these dudes that are always bearish or bullish ...it's really all about gains or losses for me.

Recently I've traded short and actually out performed them bulls in their own bull market ! :lol:

Oh unless someone here road the DOW up some 540 points in the last few days. Homie don't think so.

(Please folks do your home work so I don't have to prove the details.)

Seriously, I just look to each day as its own challenge as I try and get it right,...unless I'm into a 3-5, or a 1-2 week swing of course.

Last few days I got it right,... the short side on the RUT paid better than any long bet on any of the major indexes.

Example of the exit, today at the AM with the RUT only Up + .10 - .20% I took profits and shifted a majority
into shorting NDX. ..now sitting on 45,700 shares.

Only a modest move higher for the NDX from there. So looking to either take profits soon or exit with a modest loss.

Same Ol game. The plan, play it both ways,... and your likely to out perform both the bulls and the bears.

Often I can even hit a nice reversal area for about a 5% move, maybe one will happen soon.

Anyone else see a major POP or Drop ahead?( rhetorical )

Thanks you for your question now it's Time for my Medication :P

Edited by Mr Dev, 17 May 2007 - 01:07 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#13 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:53 AM

da cheif...when do you see that coming? dont you think we need to relieve the overbought conditions as a precursor to moving up.

its under way now.....unless of course it isnt.... :P

#14 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:26 AM

these dudes that are always bearish or bullish ...

No offense to Crowder I was just generalizing ! :)

...just kidding ya cheif. ;)

Edited by Mr Dev, 17 May 2007 - 08:28 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev