Gas boycott

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:54 PM

My gas bill for 2 vehicles for the past 30 days was over $525.

Ain't that about $6 large per year?

Jay Leno said that he boycotted gas stations and used the money to buy a cup of Starbucks. :lol:

Iced Tea is $2 a glass here. Bottled water is ... what? $5 a gallon?
"At up to $8,000 per gallon, the ink inside Hewlett-Packard printer cartridges could be some of the most expensive liquid on the planet."

But thankfully there is NO INFLATION according to the gobermnt!

Edited by Rogerdodger, 16 May 2007 - 10:54 PM.

#2 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:28 AM

:lol:,.... oh but not about your gas bill... heck gas spoos to be cheap in your area. U must like to dribe to much. Cali gas has really shot up in the last 2-weeks. More and more station signs starting off with $4s

Edited by Mr Dev, 17 May 2007 - 01:31 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#3 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:07 AM

I bought a half tank last Friday. I'll probably top it off again next week, assuming I drive anywhere, or think I'm going to. Livin' in the city has it's charms. I wish more folks would embrace the lifestyle. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#4 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:21 AM

Livin' in the city has it's charms. I wish more folks would embrace the lifestyle.
Mark

:P
You live in the city and drive to relax, go fishing. I live in the peace, fish and hunt, and drive to the city.
You go to the "market" I live in the market. The country has more charm in my opinion. :blush: :D
We even have electricty and phones now. :lol:
Gasoline only $2.90/gl as of last night, most vegies are free, and some meat, when it runs thru the yard. Yes country living in the mountains is great. B)
:cat:
ps: and my cat can do as it pleases all by his self, no leash, no sand box, play inside -outside etc.

Edited by mss, 17 May 2007 - 06:24 AM.

WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#5 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:41 AM

You gotta drive too far to the wine store! If it weren't for that and the difficulty getting the things I like (truffles, good fresh, wild sea food and a few other non-Ebay/non-Amazon specialty food items, I'd be with you on the country thing. I have given it due consideration before. I probably will again. I suspect that a large enough wine cellar and a good enough stream would make a difference. ;) Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#6 TTHQ Staff

TTHQ Staff

www.TTHQ.com

• Admin
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:51 AM

Mark, you CAN have wine shipped to you... but because of gas prices and shippng charges, it can be too expensive. Maybe you should just live in wine country and make your own. ;) At least you're both not stuck in the suburbs/SUV land!!!

#7 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:38 AM

Maybe you should just live in wine country and make your own. ;)

:D This really should go to H & S board but just to get it noticed, put it here.
Helped make this as a teenager, and somewhat different, but the new way. There is a zillion wines and ways on this web site. :blush:

http://winemaking.ja...et/reques15.asp

MUSCADINE GRAPE WINE (1)

* 6 lbs ripe Muscadine Grapes
* 2-1/4 lbs granulated sugar
* 3 qts water
* 1 tsp pectic enzyme
* 1 tsp yeast nutrient
* 1 crushed Campden tablet
* 1 packet Montrachet wine yeast

Boil the water and dissolve the sugar in it. While sugar-water is cooling, wash, destem and crush the grapes, being sure to wear rubber gloves. Pour crushed grapes into nylon straining bag, tie securely, and put in primary. Pour water over grapes, add crushed Campden tablet and yeast nutrient, and cover primary securely. After 12 hours add pectic enzyme. Wait additional 12 hours and measure both specific gravity and acid. S.G. should be 1.090 or higher; acidity no higher than 7 p.p.t. tartaric. Correct S.G. if required by adding additional sugar, acid by using one of three methods described below following recipes. Add yeast, recover primary, and squeeze nylon bag lightly and stir must twice daily for about 5-7 days or until S.G. drops to 1.030. Press pulp well to extract liquid. Pour into secondary fermentation vessel, fit airlock, and let stand 3 weeks. Rack and top up, then rack again in 2 months and again after additional 2 months. If wine has cleared, bottle. If not, wait until wine clears, rack again and bottle. This wine may be sweetened before bottling by stabilizing, waiting 10-12 hours, then adding 2/3 to 1-1/3 cup sugar-water per gallon (2 parts sugar dissolved in 1 part water. May taste after one year, but improves remarkably with age (2-4 years). [Author's recipe.]

However, it's readily available and free to boot, so it certainly has advantages over purchased grapes. Be prepared to allow it to age. I know lots of people who drink it young and think nothing of it, but if they'd only stash away a couple of bottles for 3-4 years, they'd never drink it young again.
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#8 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:31 AM

Yesterday I filled up my diesel pickup truck, and it was 50 cents less a gallon than unleaded regular gas. S w e e e t. $2.62 versus $3.12. Amazing -- been a long time since it was much cheaper, even cheaper at all.

#9 TTHQ Staff

TTHQ Staff

www.TTHQ.com

• Admin
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:39 AM

Yesterday I filled up my diesel pickup truck, and it was 50 cents less a gallon than unleaded regular gas. S w e e e t.

$2.62 versus $3.12. Amazing -- been a long time since it was much cheaper, even cheaper at all.

Nice... goes back to the discussion about converting your diesel to a vegetable oil based fuel system. Sounds like a smart move.

Yes, we'll definately move this over to the H&S Board later today as this is getting too darn healthy for the FF board :lol:

#10 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:13 PM

Two days ago I was talking to a guy who's a salesman for a local recreational vehicle dealership. Times there, to say the least, are "not good." The owner is thanking his lucky stars that inventory is low, and the salesforce has given up on moving the big stuff. Doug