Gas boycott

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:34 PM

I just passed by a sign in my neighborhood: "BOAT FOR SALE" I've heard it said: "A boat is a hole in the water into which one pours money." Now more than ever.

#12 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 02:18 PM

:(
The good old days. :cry:

The original pump your own at $0.25/gl

Posted Image

:cat:
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#13 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:24 PM

I always wanted to buy a Vespa type scooter but the wife nixed it everytime I brought it up. With the gas prices at $3.50 here in WA state, I think she is beginning to soften a bit. I am sure if I surprised her with one in the driveway, she will not shoot me now :lol:

Edited by pdx5, 17 May 2007 - 05:25 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#14 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:48 PM

Wear a helmet. Watching my sister-in-law celebrate her 30th birthday in a nursing home was not cool.

#15 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:58 AM

I bought a half tank last Friday. I'll probably top it off again next week, assuming I drive anywhere, or think I'm going to.

Livin' in the city has it's charms. I wish more folks would embrace the lifestyle.

Mark

I grew up in the city and suffered for 40 years. Now I live in horse country. I use less gas going ANYWHERE than sitting in traffic like I used to...and NO I would not go to the supermarket/Home depot on the bus.

You can also hold oil stocks as a hedge against the cost of gas and heating oil....kinda like the commercials do with futures.

Sorta like lighting a candle instead of...... :P

Cheers --

JB
"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.