Overnight...Bank of Japan...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 VermeerUK

VermeerUK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 747 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:46 AM

Morning all, They're talking about another rate-rise..(as i said before .25bp rises aint been doing the job so far).. from the BOE in late summer over on this side of the pond. The rate differential between the BOE and the BOJ just keeps getting wider and wider. Appologies all.....Yesterday i posted that the BOJ rate decision was due on "Thursday evening" when i should've have put Thursday morning......Easy to get confused when you're trying to earn/trade through all of the global timezones......Anyway that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it... :blush: Regards.V

#2 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:31 AM

IF the Yen ever really started rallying could you imagine the liquidy trap? The world better hope the Japanese economy stays weak. A short covering stampede in the yen would be nuts and really cause massive disruption everywhere in the world.

#3 VermeerUK

VermeerUK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 747 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 02:27 PM

Cirrus, I think there's a global coming together regarding Japan,not supprising really tis the second largest economy on the planet.....Seems like all the important governments are trying to help them out of 'deflation' cycle once and for all....Problem is even today 'inflation' in Japan is still zero/nada/nil/zilch......Plus the Japanese consumer stubbornly refuses to loosen their purse-strings and spend at home,which would definately help their economy. Tis why when the 'G7/8 or is it 10' meets these days they keep/stay schtum!!! about the Yen! All just my OWN! basic thinking that's all. Regards.V

#4 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:05 PM

Looking at a chart of the yen relative to the dollar I would wager gov't inflation data is near zero. However, my guess is that the Japanese are paying more for energy and food at a minimum.