RUT & NDX THOUGHTS and trade

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 02:56 PM

Holding NDX short position,... thought about flipping to the RUT short but ,... it was strong today, and I feel both should tic lower by Monday/Tues close, but now the NDX has just as much if not more potential to move lower than the RUT,...and I haven't seen that for a while. I'll try and update ya guys on what my signal are showing... a bit later. I'll address the DOW hourly ... that looks like it needs a rest,...as well as others. See ya later ;)

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#2 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:17 PM

Holding NDX short position,... thought about flipping to the RUT short but ,... it was strong today, and I feel both

should tic lower by Monday/Tues close, but now the NDX has just as much if not more potential to move lower

than the RUT,...and I haven't seen that for a while.

I'll try and update ya guys on what my signal are showing... a bit later.

I'll address the DOW hourly ... that looks like it needs a rest,...as well as others.

See ya later ;)

thx Mr Dev.
FWIW: stopped quickly out of my 2:30 short; power failure got me gittery and luckily I pulled trigger early. Flat now we will see what monday morning looks like. The tape looks outrageous. might just sit it out for
while and go fishing.

#3 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:42 PM

Hi Folks,

Tonight here are two of the same charts on the 60m RUT,... with a lot going on at the far right corner.
The bottom chart is skewed,...for a bit more impact.

So were do we stand now?
We are at a caution area or even a partial cover signal if you've been short.

For aggressive trading styles (which I see more here everyday) this is also a total exit area for your shorts
and an Early Entry area for your Longs.

NOTE, that we still need our KEY MA ( BLUE ( hope the colors show) to achieve a break through of the old
support MA (RED) that was violated days ago and has now become Resistance.

Also notice that the MAs have now moved into what I call a compressed area,. with ALL THREE closely nesting if you will!

The KEY MA (BLUE ) is now SMACK in the middle of the Longer Term Support MA and the Inter-Term
Resistance MA in such a TIGHT area,.. things could easily chop around a bit,.. and then EXPLODE one way or
the other as it makes up its mind on what to do.

Often this set-up leads into some sort of Surprising Event!

As mentioned earlier today Volatility should Explode after what may seem like a DULL MARKET.

BUT Don't let the phrase DULL MARKET persuade into thinking that it means EXPLODE to the Upside either,..
there other technicals that have been resting on Dangerous Divergences.

If there are any questions on these or higher time frames I can add more.
I just don't want to bore folks with the obvious.

ENJOY

Posted Image

Posted Image

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#4 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:08 PM

thx Mr Dev.
FWIW: stopped quickly out of my 2:30 short; power failure got me gittery and luckily I pulled trigger early. Flat now we will see what monday morning looks like. The tape looks outrageous. might just sit it out for
while and go fishing.

Better safe than sorry with those pwr issues.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#5 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:56 PM

More thoughts,... once again focus on the High RED BOX for the Down Crossover of the Key MAs.

That was a Serious Crossover for the RUT folks.

It caused the RUT to quietly trade BELOW the April 30th Lows for the last FOUR DAYS OF THIS WEEK.

The April 30th low was about 814.2 , and for the lows made in the last four days ...we hit......813.6 Tuesday, ..810.6 Wednesday,...813.2 Thursday,.....and 814.6 today

Posted Image

Hello, .. even today........ it wanted lower, even tho the S&P & DOW NEW Highs phenomenon
did manage to pull it back up 1%...that old technical phenomenon.

So now allow me to also update for you a weekly chart of the Ryirx shown earlier this week.
And as Lower lows on the RUT were explored this week,... we saw the RYIRX WEEKLY chart start to bounce off of its lows!
THEN ,..

Posted Image

AND NOW
As this weekly horse is still starting to lean into the turn.
Posted Image
So the Picture is still not all that pretty for the RUT

Trade safe ;)

.. .. ..
Mr Dev