Trading and Metaphysics

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:11 AM

I was reading a little bit on the Wave Structure of Matter tonight and it's connection to cycles and realized that those who trade the markets, and are really big on cycles.....might feel it is all connected to some of this phlosophy and physics? Some of the latest scientific theories claim that the universe is nothing more than waves, simply a bunch of frequencies

If we are all interconnected, if the universe is a mass of waves, then cycles make sense, how people react, and how markets would move in cycles, cycles meeting cycles, etc. I'm not well versed in the wave structure of matter but I quickly realized that some of it's basic tenants might apply to trading and human activity.

There must be some brainy traders out there who are pulling all this stuff together.

Edited by Sentient Being, 21 May 2007 - 02:12 AM.

In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#2 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 07:17 AM

That is what Martin Armstrong always said that the whole universe is cyclical, we are part of it all and therefore our lives are cyclical too. The Sun would not shine if it did not have a cycle and the Black and Scholes option model is based on the rate at which an object cools down or loses heat for example. The second law of thermodynamics applies too, he would cite the example that you can not hold your arm up in the air indefinitely, eventually it only takes the smallest amount of energy to push it down and stock markets are like that too. Currently the market arm has been going straight up for quite some time, it follows that it is going to easily fall down when buyers become exhausted.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#3 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:56 PM

The physics was beyond me. I was shocked to think that we no longer thing of an electron as a tiny object circuling around the rest of the atom. And picturing any sold thing as a wave as opposed to just a tiny partical of some sort really throws me. But I just happened on this last night and will now have to read up on it. But then they started to talk about the wave nature of the universe...waves can relate to cycles and I realized this has a stock market trading application. But it's sort of like realizing you can get a lot of energy if you can create a fusion generator. It's one thing to know there are waves and cycles in the universe and quite another to understand how they might influence human activity and to turn that into a stock market trading advantage. But the physics, to me, suggests that there may be some connections.
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~