RUT amazing move 23 point range day

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:14 AM

The technical phenomenon of the S&P highs has violently caused the NDX to pop and the RUT to play massive catchup so they all can make ...or nearly make their breakouts or NEW highs all together. Spectacular ! The last time I think we were close to a 23 point move in the RUT in just a few hours was the meltdown in late February, today's range I'm sure is less but still Spectacular !

Edited by Mr Dev, 21 May 2007 - 11:15 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#2 kemo1k

kemo1k

• Traders-Talk User
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:48 AM

Looking at IWM ($rut), the volume today looks tremendous. What do you make of this? :wacko: Thanks Dev. You would look back to Feb 13 and 14 to see similar volume on the IWM ($rut)

Edited by kemo1k, 21 May 2007 - 11:50 AM.

#3 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 12:00 PM

Looking at the DJUSHB it looks like the shorts are giving up again. That means the next market selloff is growing closer. The homebuilders are worthless trading chits. Lots of shorts and plenty of volatility. They're a decent psychology tell IMO.

#4 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 12:03 PM

I would expect each of the markets to go thru these types of days as a st top is built. We are noticing some strong selling going on in those IWM shares. My low of the day data on the RUT may be bad ...looking at the chart, does not equal a the same low showing in the detailed quote I looked at.

Edited by Mr Dev, 21 May 2007 - 12:04 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!