• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:21 AM

The breath and new highs vs new lows momentum deteriorated enough to warrant a top, but the price can go on for a few more weeks before breaking down. So, I am looking for later June for a sharp decline into the summer... Cheers... -kisa

#12 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,025 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:34 AM

There's a real caveat on the Short interest and that is that there may be a good deal of arbitrage being done with all the deals. BTW, does the short interest include any etfs? I know most of the biggies are Naz and AMEX, but if there's one or more big ones there may be some aberration with that. No matter what, however, I don't think we can view the short-interest as Bearish. It may not be roaringly Bullish but that's hard to guess it. It's just not saying sell. Very little is, sentiment wise. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#13 jmicou

jmicou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:53 AM

There's a real caveat on the Short interest and that is that there may be a good deal of arbitrage being done with all the deals.

BTW, does the short interest include any etfs? I know most of the biggies are Naz and AMEX, but if there's one or more big ones there may be some aberration with that.

No matter what, however, I don't think we can view the short-interest as Bearish. It may not be roaringly Bullish but that's hard to guess it. It's just not saying sell.

Very little is, sentiment wise.

Mark

When you retrieve the data files, this is the info from the NYSE: "The NYSE Short Interest File is a monthly file that contains the reported uncovered short positions of NYSE listed securities. The data is reported by Broker Dealers for the current month in accordance to NYSE Rule 421. The file also contains the previous month's position and the average daily volume of all NYSE issues. The file is available in a Text or Excel format and can be delivered via email, FTP, or downloaded from the website. Data available as of 1/1/1988 - present"

I use to keep the charts for this. Moritz does at TW and they are interesting.

Johnny