Looking for a Futures Broker

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Woody

Woody

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:04 AM

Can anyone recommend a Futures broker either Full Service or Online....used to trade with Friedberg but my Broker passed away and I want to consider alternatives...

#2 Swiss Trader

Swiss Trader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:11 AM

Can anyone recommend a Futures broker either Full Service or Online....used to trade with Friedberg but my Broker passed away and I want to consider alternatives...

Are you a Day Trader or a Scalper?

tLCTRQ5.jpg

#3 Woody

Woody

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:16 AM

More of a scalper/position trader

#4 Wallcrawler

Wallcrawler

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:18 AM

http://www.infinitybrokerage.com/ - is one you might want to look at. - WC
$ No more effort is required to aim high in life, or to demand excellence and success than is required to accept failure and poverty. $ ~ Anonomous

#5 Swiss Trader

Swiss Trader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:20 AM

More of a scalper/position trader

For small accounts and scalping trading style, I suggest this broker: http://www.velocityfutures.com using X trader platform

for big accounts: Man Financial always with X-Trader

Albert

YES also Infinity Brokerage for small accounts with TransAct AT platform

Edited by Swiss Trader, 22 May 2007 - 09:22 AM.

tLCTRQ5.jpg

#6 Swiss Trader

Swiss Trader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:40 AM

Woody,

I forgot to mention that if you trade only one exchange Global Futures offers X-Trader Transactional Model free paying 4.75 R/T

X-Trader is definitely the fastest execution platform, less than 0.150 milliseconds for an order fill

tLCTRQ5.jpg

#7 Woody

Woody

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:09 AM

ST & WC thanks for suggestions........

#8 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 12:45 PM

woodster, i trade with interactive and all i trade is the toronto exchange and the american futures

i luv em

#9 TechSkeptic

TechSkeptic

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 12:54 PM

woodster, i trade with interactive and all i trade is the toronto exchange and the american futures

i luv em

I believe as Canadian client, Woody would have to go through IB Canada, which allows trading on U.S. exchanges, but does not trade the Canadian exchanges. Probably a regulatory thing, since IB is U.S.-based broker. So he could use IB for U.S. markets but would have to maintain a separate account with a Canadian broker for the Canadian exchanges. Check out www.interactivebrokers.com in case I'm wrong on this.