When You Have A Moment

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:26 AM

I've decided to make a sub chart that tracks relative performance of energy stocks or ETF's. What I'm looking for are a few more energy candidates to follow. If you have a favorite play or two in energy please let me know, I want to add a few more items for the chart to track. Right now I'm looking at things like OIH (oil servicing), CCJ (Uranium), ACI (coal), XLE (Energy ETF). Ideally you folks might have a few more specific Oil, Uranium, or Coal plays you think are worth trading. As far as utilities and Gas goes, I'm going to make a separate chart for them at another time.

Edited by Sentient Being, 22 May 2007 - 10:26 AM.

In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#2 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:34 AM

my trade list for the sector, not incl coal other than a chinese ADR -

http://forums.techni...post?id=1908680

not all drillers or oil service cos. included here

WMB, MCF, MRO, DVN, NE, NBL, ECA, UPL, STR (these final 3 have ops. in the Pinedale, WY anticline and other locations) and others...long for a very long time...have moved in and out over time

coal names, my complete list -

http://forums.techni...post?id=1908864

Edited by hiker, 22 May 2007 - 10:37 AM.

#3 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:36 AM

Not really sure specifically what you're looking for. E&P, service, small cap, large cap? Are you looking for stocks you think will outperform the XOI and OSX or just represent the sector?

#4 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:52 AM

I've decided to make a sub chart that tracks relative performance of energy stocks or ETF's. What I'm looking for are a few more energy candidates to follow. If you have a favorite play or two in energy please let me know, I want to add a few more items for the chart to track.

Right now I'm looking at things like OIH (oil servicing), CCJ (Uranium), ACI (coal), XLE (Energy ETF). Ideally you folks might have a few more specific Oil, Uranium, or Coal plays you think are worth trading.

As far as utilities and Gas goes, I'm going to make a separate chart for them at another time.

OIH DIG DUG beats all
vitaminm

#5 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:52 AM

here is the suggestion to consider GLBL long on 2/28/07 -

http://forums.techni...;highlight=glbl

Edited by hiker, 22 May 2007 - 10:53 AM.

#6 ChickenLittle

ChickenLittle

• Traders-Talk User
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 11:28 AM

CLO.TO Claymore oil sands sector ETF Big future for oil sands.
History always repeats . . . only the details change.

#7 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:43 PM

Are you considering Energy based mutual funds too? Currently have one ... great chart ... low price. Just wondering. :unsure: :)

#8 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 02:52 PM

SB, for coal I think BTU and CNX are a good trifecta with ACI. Best, PL

#9 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 03:18 PM

CNX is one of my favorite VLT holdings. I still own some. They have huge reserves--LOTS of BTUs.

#10 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 03:45 PM

Thanks everyone. I'm not looking at mutual funds because I have my quote service set up to give me stocks and etf's but not funds. Cap size doesn't matter much to me. I'm just looking for 5 or so more issues to track in energy besides the ones I listed. I'm not particular, when the sector moves a lot of things in the sector will move along with it.
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~