#1 deacon

deacon

• Traders-Talk User
  • 563 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:31 PM

SPX put buying
http://www.cboe.com/...ntraDayVol.aspx

SOX SMH near a buy signal on 14-3 slow stochastics, ADI reports tonite

trend day setup helped produce the multi yr highs(buy programs on eclipsing 1st hour range), should be alot of ink if SPX beats it's old record closing high 1527.46

first step for the bears is to close below yest. multi year highs, and not print anymore of them manana

i've posted the SPX p/c when it was like this before, and market went much higher, seems ridiculous

#2 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:47 PM

It is barely correcting the bullish speculation of the past 2 wks, imho. I think it will painfully blow off. The tight range will drive the bears crazy over the next few days. Most of the volatility shows the settlement at the lower prices, I do not expect a high volatility going into a terminal now. It squeezes the shorts and declines, it could take 2-3 wks at least, I expect a top in June...

#3 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,025 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 05:33 PM

I've got a different read on the SPX P/C ratio. Looks to me like a high nominal P/C is good for a quick shot down, though sometimes not much of one. FariSPXP_C5_22_07.gif Also, the DIA $-weighted P/C was 0.18. That's also Bearish. OEX was fairly low, however which is Bullish.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#4 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:17 PM

Perhaps, I expect the ranges to compress rather than expand from here, if there is any bullish juice left... Otherwise, this IT rally is probably ovah... (ditcha pay attension to my distoading English? The bull will do it to ya, I know at list one otha fella who needs serious help widdat)

#5 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:57 AM

Where is it possible to get the chart on the SPX P/C ratio - any site available

Thanks!

I've got a different read on the SPX P/C ratio. Looks to me like a high nominal P/C is good for a quick shot down, though sometimes not much of one.

FariSPXP_C5_22_07.gif

Also, the DIA $-weighted P/C was 0.18. That's also Bearish.

OEX was fairly low, however which is Bullish.