NDX & RUT THOUGHTS

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 02:57 PM

Very tempting as the RUT as zooomed here ...looks like it could be a good time to scale into a short or two there. Still happy with my own position at this time. I will move half into shorts for the RUT tomorrow if its out performance of the NDX goes 1more day. Other than that I am a bit surprised if the DOW doesn't close barely in the minus here,..but it still needs a rest and maybe it will just drift lower. There is no set up for a pop so I continue to see a pullback. ;)

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#2 tozwp

tozwp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 03:02 PM

Very tempting as the RUT as zooomed here ...looks like it could be a good time to scale into a short or two there.

Still happy with my own position at this time. I will move half into shorts for the RUT tomorrow if its out

performance of the NDX goes 1more day.

Other than that I am a bit surprised if the DOW doesn't close barely in the minus here,..but it still needs a rest

and maybe it will just drift lower. There is no set up for a pop so I continue to see a pullback. ;)

Curious - why not short the dow here instead of naz and/or rut? Appears to be the weakest at the moment.

I'm in at the close with a small position in the inv dow fund.

#3 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 03:35 PM

Curious - why not short the dow here instead of naz and/or rut? Appears to be the weakest at the moment.

Hi toz,

Yesterday I touched on this,... I would like to short the DOW,... but as I saw it then and now,.. I may be taking

a 1-2 small loss when I hop over, and if I do catch the DOW down draft the NDX could likely out perform to the

down side so losses of .5% today ...may easily be made up tomorrow.

I doubt that the DOW will not have some influence on the NDX. Now up until this time I advised denleo 2-3 days ago to buy

the RUT as it was breaking 823-826...I'm not sure if he ever did, but now time has come to exit RUT longs and

start to short imho. I'm looking for a pullback soon and the RUT may give back some nice percentages compared to the NAS or the DOW.

For my self I'm playing right in between the RUT and DOW as far as risk goes ....because I see it as

most profitable for my situation.

Even if a sell off ends up reversing back up during the first hour of a day, I think I may be able to better play it with the NDX.

Some of my reverse FLIP days have been my biggest!

Edited by Mr Dev, 22 May 2007 - 03:38 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#4 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 03:47 PM

I did trade RUT on the upside, but I didn't stay with it. I scalped long several times. My indicators were not as bullish. But anyhow, I would like to thank you for your advise. Denleo

#5 tozwp

tozwp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 05:25 PM

Hi toz,

Yesterday I touched on this,... I would like to short the DOW,... but as I saw it then and now,.. I may be taking

a 1-2 small loss when I hop over, and if I do catch the DOW down draft the NDX could likely out perform to the

down side so losses of .5% today ...may easily be made up tomorrow.

I doubt that the DOW will not have some influence on the NDX. Now up until this time I advised denleo 2-3 days ago to buy

the RUT as it was breaking 823-826...I'm not sure if he ever did, but now time has come to exit RUT longs and

start to short imho. I'm looking for a pullback soon and the RUT may give back some nice percentages compared to the NAS or the DOW.

For my self I'm playing right in between the RUT and DOW as far as risk goes ....because I see it as

most profitable for my situation.

Even if a sell off ends up reversing back up during the first hour of a day, I think I may be able to better play it with the NDX.

Some of my reverse FLIP days have been my biggest!

Gotcha - thanks.

Your positioning has much to do with your existing position. I was in cash so to me, the logical move was into the dow for a starting position. Will re-evaluate tomorrow and may move some more into something else. I rarely trade the dow and will probably go naz or rut. Rut is the strongest here relatively speaking. That could change very quickly though.

#6 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:14 PM

Just checked my charts and the SP & DOW are on the Sell signal and the NDX is yet to catch up ...but catching up can be done quickly. The S&P triggered by +.01 and the DOW by +.02. So I'll be watching the NDX to see if it's planning on joining,..if not then I'll have to make an adjustment.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev