Thoughts on the OEX P/C

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 10:37 AM

It's running over 2 again today despite the selling. The interesting thing, if you look at the 10 and 21 DMA, the ratio's lows is running at levels which have produced major IT selloffs prior to 2006. In other words, the lows of the 21 DMA since late 2006 is about the same as previous peaks that have stopped market progress and precipitated selloffs--especially from 1997 to 2005. This is definitely worth considering, IMO. I still think we are due for a selloff that's beyond what many think is coming. I'm looking for that 6 to 9 percent dip, rebound, and then a real pounding. That should set the stage for the 2008 elections and Beijing Olympics.

Edited by Cirrus, 24 May 2007 - 10:39 AM.

#2 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:01 AM

It's running over 2 again today despite the selling. The interesting thing, if you look at the 10 and 21 DMA, the ratio's lows is running at levels which have produced major IT selloffs prior to 2006. In other words, the lows of the 21 DMA since late 2006 is about the same as previous peaks that have stopped market progress and precipitated selloffs--especially from 1997 to 2005.

This is definitely worth considering, IMO. I still think we are due for a selloff that's beyond what many think is coming. I'm looking for that 6 to 9 percent dip, rebound, and then a real pounding. That should set the stage for the 2008 elections and Beijing Olympics.

can you post charts showing your summary..thanks in advance

#3 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:25 AM

The charts I use are on Jason's Sentimentrader.com. I brought this up without charts--not ideal.

Sentimentrader.com is worth every cent FWIW. I would recommend a free trial. I've tried and cancelled many sites/tools through the years but I have continued with Sentimentrader as it's worth many times the subscription price.

Here's the link...
http://www.sentimentrader.com/