Airedale.........perhaps wishful thinking from the Bullish camp

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GOOSE2

GOOSE2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 09:59 AM

However, yesterdays lows was still in the window (48 to 56 days) for a nominal 10 wker. She came in on day 51. Thoughts sidebar: my line comes in at 1521ish

#2 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 11:26 AM

goose, i already offered my thoughts on the 10 wk cycle phasing. nothing changed for me. does not mean i'm right. use what you think is best.
airedale

Outspeaks the Squire, "Give room, I pray,
And hie the terriers in;
The warriors of the fight are they,
And every fight they win".

Ring-Ouzel, England

#3 GOOSE2

GOOSE2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:21 PM

goose, i already offered my thoughts on the 10 wk cycle phasing. nothing changed for me. does not mean i'm right. use what you think is best.

thanks, have a super day, Mate

#4 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:16 PM

From my corner of the universe...the 10 week low was due to nest on May 22nd, and I always allow a window of plus or minus 1 week for this cycle, so this would fit with your observation Goose (so far). Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#5 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:28 PM

After closing the gap at es 1512 today, a wedge has formed which looks like it could be about to break out to the upside to test yesterday's high in the 1525 area, or alternately it fails and breaks to the downside.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#6 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 02:34 PM

goose, just to refresh things, this is the RUT chart i posted back on 4/30 with the commonality phasing model (used for all broad market indexes) highlighting the nominal 10 wk cycle and two of it's smaller cycle harmonics (5 wk, 2.5 wk). we we're making a 2.5 wk low at the time the chart was posted and the next 10 wk, 5 wk and 2.5 wk low was indicated by a window running into the middle of last week. if one updates the chart it shows the 10 wk cycle IMO did bottom at the expected time frame. we just saw the 1 st nominal 6/7 day cycle after the 10 wk low finish it's movement.

simply counting days from lows to lows is not sufficient when applying Hurst's methods. other cyclic principles must be met, such as harmonicity.

Posted Image

Edited by airedale88, 25 May 2007 - 02:36 PM.

airedale

Outspeaks the Squire, "Give room, I pray,
And hie the terriers in;
The warriors of the fight are they,
And every fight they win".

Ring-Ouzel, England

#7 GOOSE2

GOOSE2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 10:08 PM

goose, just to refresh things, this is the RUT chart i posted back on 4/30 with the commonality phasing model (used for all broad market indexes) highlighting the nominal 10 wk cycle and two of it's smaller cycle harmonics (5 wk, 2.5 wk). we we're making a 2.5 wk low at the time the chart was posted and the next 10 wk, 5 wk and 2.5 wk low was indicated by a window running into the middle of last week. if one updates the chart it shows the 10 wk cycle IMO did bottom at the expected time frame. we just saw the 1 st nominal 6/7 day cycle after the 10 wk low finish it's movement.

simply counting days from lows to lows is not sufficient when applying Hurst's methods. other cyclic principles must be met, such as harmonicity.

Posted Image

Thanks for the info AD and Fib. I'm still just a daytrader, but this stuff helps to have a bias for the day. Y'all have a great weekend.