Just want to say thank you

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:55 AM

Ivce been operating on the long side for the past few weeks and made some serious $$. its been a good time. Alas all good times do not last forever, so now I am FLAT and I wait. I am truly grateful to Ben for helping me during this time. :D Trade safely everyone, long, short or however.

Edited by Tor, 01 June 2007 - 04:56 AM.

Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#2 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:04 AM

You sold futures contracts just now into strength ?

#3 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,052 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:34 AM

If the job data indicate inflationary, you may see a gap down.

#4 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:52 AM

What about PCE Core Deflator - this is today's biggest event

#5 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:04 AM

Good event bad event, who knows. may see a gap down, may see a gap up. May see no move at all. I am not even going to bother to try and guess.

I can see scope for another (more powerful) leg up, but it is still early.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#6 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 08:14 AM

Employment reports are all bogus, even if the gov't makes the most effort to report the best information available, they will have to revise them significantly later.

Anyhow, I was looking at the birth/death adjustments and this is the third month that the net gains are obtained by adjusting the data. In other words, the raw numbers are showing increasing unemployment actually for 3 months in a row, if I am not mistaken.

birth/death model stats

First, they were telling people there was no inflation and now the unemployed people are actually employed! :lol:

#7 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 08:26 AM

Employment reports are all bogus, even if the gov't makes the most effort to report the best information available, they will have to revise them significantly later.

Anyhow, I was looking at the birth/death adjustments and this is the third month that the net gains are obtained by adjusting the data. In other words, the raw numbers are showing increasing unemployment actually for 3 months in a row, if I am not mistaken.

birth/death model stats

First, they were telling people there was no inflation and now the unemployed people are actually employed! :lol:

mixing TA and FA is like mixing gas with water....ur market engine just wont go..... ;) .......this is a game...winners and losers.......TA...and ...TA......simple as that......

#8 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 09:11 AM

mixing TA and FA is like mixing gas with water....ur market engine just wont go..... ;) .......this is a game...winners and losers.......TA...and ...TA......simple as that......

Cheif, I only trade my TA signals, I just enjoy the funnymental talk, I like figuring the game out that way too...

Who can make beat the market, in fact any money, if one is not ahead of the news anyway?!?

#9 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 09:45 AM

Here's TA, very clear...

Posted Image

I run these things for the entire market and indices...