NDX SIGNAL

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:17 AM

Everything I have that went from a SELL on either the 21st, 22 or 23rd depending on which index you watch,

and thus to A BUY on either the 24th or 25th,...

...looks as if it's going back to a SELL either yesterday or today, again depending on which of the big 4 we're watching.

Big 4 = Dow, S&P, NDX, RUT

Trade safe ;)

Posted Image

Edited by Mr Dev, 01 June 2007 - 10:18 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#2 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:36 AM

last time it took 3-4 days for the signal to work

so wednesday www should be right for the drop

Thanks for posting your chart!

Which indicator does the chart represent - is it something you have created yourself

Everything I have that went from a SELL on either the 21st, 22 or 23rd depending on which index you watch,

and thus to A BUY on either the 24th or 25th,...

...looks as if it's going back to a SELL either yesterday or today, again depending on which of the big 4 we're watching.

Big 4 = Dow, S&P, NDX, RUT

Trade safe ;)

Posted Image

#3 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:41 AM

Mr Dev-thx for the heads up. I've been noticing, as semi mentioned on an earlier thread-that this recent SPX runnup has been on the backs of large cap oil stocks. The current price of oil, visa-vie the price of oil stocks-leaves very little room for price movement up,imho. When they are done selling the oils to the general public here, at the top, as usual-we should see some fair movement down, overall. Your and semi's history related comments ring very clear to me, as I have not abandoned my TA here-or started to drink the wall st. koolaid. I see posts here about shorts getting killed, hammered, ect.,BUT, I have selectively shorted, and done quite well. All the while, I felt less worried about being short-as I feel the larger risk here is not being short-but being long. Spooky

#4 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:07 AM

relax,..& spookyone

As thespookyone mentioned there have been opportunities to play each market a little differently,...either way and still win.

Energy & Energy Services as well as Utilities have been the back bone of this advance and because I'm still

bullish in those sectors.. I think the index rally as a whole may continue as long as the Fed is willing to

maintain inflating the markets and thus commodities. They will likely go to far,...and thus raise rates in their

perverse madness! We all know the stock markets will be shocked and not like that when it happens.

"last time it took 3-4 days for the signal to work"

My signals are always early,...sometimes that pays-off BIG TIME,...and sometimes I have to be patient!

A few day difference in signals between the different indexes is more common than not at turning points.

This is exactly what fakes out most traders,...most of the time.

This why "we" sometimes get soooooo frustrated. Just when we think we have the reversal signal or timing right-on, one of

the other markets seems to be extending and thus stalls or slows down the reversal reaction,...so the

trader exits early thinking he must be wrong.

Not to long after, ... a day or two,.... he/she realizes,... that they should of held onto that

position,... because market then turns and they actually had it ...RIGHT! Ugg.

If most traders could figure this little technical phenomenon out

and thus "trust" their signals,... a little longer,..they would likely raise their win/loss ratio substantially!

That said here's the DOW SIGNAL, for comparison .....hehehe

Posted Image

Edited by Mr Dev, 01 June 2007 - 11:13 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#5 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:26 AM

I've smoothed out the signal a bit for the NDX for those with skeptical eyes...LoL

Posted Image

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#6 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:48 AM

What is www ? :wacko:

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#7 mdwllc

mdwllc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 574 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:10 PM

What is www ? :wacko:

Term coined by Don W----"Wild Woolly Wednesday" [or near that] Mike :)
Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way...

Be Sure to Perform Your Own Due Diligence

#8 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:34 PM

Mr. Dev:
www=WeirdWollyWednesday Wolly as in Wolanchuck, Wednesday as in the Wed. on the week before expiration.

A multi-year trendline can be drawn on the highs of NDX...looking pretty toppy.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$NDX&p=W&b=5&g=0&i=p12288630536&r=7066.png
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#9 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:37 PM

Term coined by Don W----"Wild Woolly Wednesday" [or near that] Mike :)

Oh ok thanks,

I've heard s

Edited by Mr Dev, 01 June 2007 - 01:39 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#10 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:08 PM

Interesting edit there....wonder what happened ?

As I said
Oh ok thanks
I've heard similar sayings for years,...just didn't know someone here was credited for thinking that one up.

Now I'll repost the chart of the DOW too although a little late now!

DOW INDICATOR MOVED TO THE ST CHART NOW AT A MAKE OR BREAK AREA!

Posted Image

.. .. ..
Mr Dev