Gotta love these guys....

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:32 AM

"The emerging markets are trading at a discount." - Merill Lynch -> Shangai gets a immediate 8.25% haircut !

"I believe the early part of the third phase of the bull market is now underway. This is what I call the 'worldwide globalization bull market.' This bull market is floating on massive liquidity, low interest rates, easy credit and the ability of the central banks of the world to create all the money they want out of thin air. I consider today's confirmation and record high by the S&P 500 to be an important event." - Richard Russell.

-> To me, Richard Russell is one of the greatest fades. A multi-week stock market correction ???

Edited by NAV, 04 June 2007 - 04:40 AM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:38 AM

Maybe, but Ive been buying the dip all the way up risking small points say 5 points per go anbd basically cleaning up. Until the trendline breaks I stay long as this market has trapped a lot of bear, who have been mutilated.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#3 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:45 AM

I stay long as this market has trapped a lot of bear, who have been mutilated.

What trap ? What mutilation ? What bears ?. They are all dead long ago.

#4 BigBadBear

BigBadBear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:57 AM

Trust me we are still very much around and have been shorting this thing all the way up. I have added to my shorts today and XD&Co is now holding his largest short position ever. I remain very short

#5 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:50 AM

Si Senor BS on the ff board.

#6 webranger

webranger

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:51 AM

"The emerging markets are trading at a discount." - Merill Lynch -> Shangai gets a immediate 8.25% haircut !

"I believe the early part of the third phase of the bull market is now underway. This is what I call the 'worldwide globalization bull market.' This bull market is floating on massive liquidity, low interest rates, easy credit and the ability of the central banks of the world to create all the money they want out of thin air. I consider today's confirmation and record high by the S&P 500 to be an important event." - Richard Russell.

-> To me, Richard Russell is one of the greatest fades. A multi-week stock market correction ???

Shanghai does not represent the whole emerging market. Don't you see other asian market including Hongkong were up?

#7 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:43 AM

NAV where have u been???? Shorts from 1460 level, dqqqqqqqqqqqqqquuuuueezed out on this market rise. They got seriously mutilated and yet still shorting more as the market went up. It was the biggest butchering I saw in a long time, from my point of view!!!
Observer

#8 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:46 AM

NAV where have u been???? Shorts from 1460 level, dqqqqqqqqqqqqqquuuuueezed out on this market rise. They got seriously mutilated and yet still shorting more as the market went up. It was the biggest butchering I saw in a long time, from my point of view!!!

LOL, where have you been the last 800 points rise on the SPX ? I have seen hundreds of bear sites on the web gone out of existence. The last 60 points were just the icing on the cake.

#9 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:50 AM

LOL, where have you been the last 800 points rise on the SPX ? I have seen hundreds of bear sites on the web gone out of existence. The last 60 points were just the icing on the cake.

Yea I was a bear, and you are right, but luckily I capitulated and then started going long. Alas so so so so many of the bears have stayed short and shorting some more. I hate to think what happened to them. By the way you will see my post, today I have reversed my longs to move to a short bias based on what I see here.

Good trading.
Observer