if in doubt go bulk

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:10 AM

Hi guys At the moment I would not recommend buying individual stocks for the long term everything right now is just for the short term as I think we could be close to a top But for the rest of 2008 one needs to be positioned in the dry bulk market Danish D/S Norden and Norwegian Golden Ocean are my favorites When we have a serious correction lasting more than a week, like in maý 2006 and february 2007, it is always good to have some stocks, which you know you need to pick up, when the general market seems to have bottomed out check the baltic dry index, reached an all time high not so long ago, and the second half of the year is seasonally stronger, so i assume freight rates will explode australia had record iron ore exports in april and capacity will be increased in H2, which will push up rates chinese steel exports are also at record levels, coal exports from the us at record levels less ships will be delivered in H2 also pushing up dry bulk rates Both D/S Norden and Golden Ocean are trading below their NetAssetValue Also if you look at the Baltic Dry Index (BDI), it has a reverse relationship with the US dollar I do not see the US dollar strengthening much from here - which should support BDI So for the rest of 2007, I see no reason to focus on anything else than dry bulk - all stocks more or less get hurt during a market correction and this will just provide us with a great buying opportunity Happpy trading guys