Timing tool

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Islander

Islander

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:28 AM

Bill Luby at Vix and More has a post that studies a possible timing tool using a ratio of the S&P 500 and the BuyWrite Index (BXM). Basically when it gets to 1.80 -- the S&P 500 turns down. Currently the ratio is 1.8431. Likely a correction to the 1510 area of the S&P5, then nice summer melt up. I will short this ride down. Best Islander. :redbull:

#2 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:47 AM

Not near enough statistical data to use something like that yet, IMVHO--it's too new. Perhaps using it as a confirming tool with other stuff but that's about it.

#3 Islander

Islander

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:59 AM

Not near enough statistical data to use something like that yet, IMVHO--it's too new. Perhaps using it as a confirming tool with other stuff but that's about it.

--------------
You are 100% correct, and I do use about ten Indicators and they all show an overbought market, correction prone. The research on the BMX has been going on for some time and the results on the BMX web site are impressive, but limited. Islander

#4 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:02 PM

Interesting stuff, thanks for posting.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#5 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:09 PM

I've been using spx:bxm for years...have posted it here several times but noone seemed interested. I use daily, hourly and 15 min. PS: like any other tools...you have to get your own perspective and work it through some personal art.

Edited by Teaparty, 05 June 2007 - 12:13 PM.