taking some profits

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:59 AM

I shorted unfortunately only a little bit. I close now for 7 point profit, so net of yesterdays loss in shorts gives me 2 points, its ok not to complain about. May look to go long later. This sell off is pathetic so far. good trading.

Edited by Tor, 05 June 2007 - 12:00 PM.

Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#2 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:11 PM

Tor, Good trade. I woudn't call the selloff pathetic given that SPX dropped nearly 13 points today. Besides, it's premature to call the selloff patthetic, given that the day ain't over and we don't even have a buy signal even on a 1-min chart.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#3 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:21 PM

Tor,
I woudn't call the selloff pathetic given that SPX dropped nearly 13 points today. Besides, it's premature to call the selloff patthetic, given that the day ain't over and we don't even have a buy signal even on a 1-min chart.

You took the words right out of my mouth, but again,

it's hard to not to acquire a bias when buying every dip has paid recently.

Problem is ...anything recetly can be so fading!

It must have been the Up volume that was so pathetic! :lol:

Posted Image

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#4 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:35 PM

Congrats on the hit, Tor, but SPX broke a fair channel at 1530-and so far, hasn't even bothered to backtest it.

#5 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:01 PM

Congrats on the hit, Tor, but SPX broke a fair channel at 1530-and so far, hasn't even bothered to backtest it.

I have the channel 1532 with a test already. If today hooks up to the close, my fearful forecast is for much more downside.

#6 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:05 PM

I have the channel 1532 with a test already. If today hooks up to the close, my fearful forecast is for much more downside.

Could well be, I use a thick crayon, LOL.

#7 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:25 PM

The trendline I am looking at is SPX 1491, so a bigger timeframe. Maybe ST ones have been broken.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#8 espresso

espresso

• Traders-Talk User
  • 913 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:15 PM

Tor,

Good trade. I woudn't call the selloff pathetic given that SPX dropped nearly 13 points today. Besides, it's premature to call the selloff patthetic, given that the day ain't over and we don't even have a buy signal even on a 1-min chart.

There was a beautiful buy signal on the 3min right at the begin of last hour! Gap up and sell off tomorrow...
jmho
Spesi FF